Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Arm numbness w/ neck injuries in a accident

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ShannaLynn
  • June 8, 2007
  • 02:48 AM

I was in a rearend collision in Dec 06. Initially diagnosed with with chronic whiplash syndrome. A few weeks after the accident I had severe pain, headaches, could NOT turn my head left to right nor put my chin to my chest. At which time I had an MRI and CAT scan done. The results were that I have moderatly severe disc degeneration in C4-C5 Left being greater than right, mild spinal stenosis, and bone spurs. It is May now and I still have pain shooting, sharp, numbness down my left arm periodically. This afternoon my doctor did an EMG on my left arm only and told me that the numbness is due to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. BTW I'm right handed?!?!? He ONLY tested my arm and did not even go near my neck with the needles. I don't have even one symptom of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and the pain is NOT in my wrists or hands. It's in my upper arm that ends with tingling in my pinkie, forfinger, and occasionally my thumb. My neck is always sore also. I'm more upset than ever. None of this makes sense at all to me....If it's any relevance at all this is a work related auto accident so I'm have to deal with Alaska Workers Comp. Please oh please can someone help me with this misdiagnosis....

Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement