Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

degenerative disc disease + arthritis

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 6, 2007
  • 11:19 PM

hi, i have had a painful neck, and lower back for two years, a rheumatologist done a blood scan, also because i had other painful joints, the scan came back 'normal', he wrote and told me gp, and said my pain was psycological. since then what ever i complained about i was told it was all in my head, and due to depression, yes i admit i was depressed, but that was because no-one believed me! so i have been in terrible pain with only over the counter painkillers. i knew i had OA in my knee's thats all. then just before xmas 06, i was getting shooting pains down my legs so i was sent for an x-ray, came back OA in hips, but 'not enough to cause any pain!' said my gp. my big toe was getting so stiff i couldn't walk on it (been painful, gradually getting worse over the year) gp finally said i could see a foot doc.....yipee! then i had a RTA, had mri on my neck i had prolapsed discs and degenerative disc disease, which according to consultant i had had for ages...grrrrrrrrrrr. and was very suprised it had not been diagnosed earlier, so i wasn't going mad after all. i'm due to have an operation now, don't know when yet. 2 weeks later saw foot doc, and now i need op on my toe, it has OA in the base. my ankle swelled up on and of for two weeks, rang help line told to go to A+E, not broken or anything but guess what, i also have OA in that too!!!! saw consultant about neck again, and asked to see my blood scan i had done 1 1/2 years ago, there were dark patches on my knees, hips, toe and ankle i asked what that meant, and was told it showed up inflamation in joints, my neck and lower back showed up black, but i didn't ask why. so why was i told it came back 'normal' , which has made my life a living painful ***l this last 2 yrs. i'm on stronger medication now, but maybe should have been believed and given it alot sooner.......i've changed my gp now, lets hope my new one is better.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement