Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Joint Pain plus red lumps / bumps / spots on my legs and arms...getting worse!

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 6, 2007
  • 01:05 PM

About 2 1/2 months ago I woke up and had big and small red lumps / bumps / spots under the skill; on my legs and some around my elbows, they are not itchy but sore when I press on them. As well as this my ankles, knees and elbows (joints basically) were in incredible pain when I moved or did anything; I also had a tight sore chest and throat but that didn’t seem so big in comparison.

After going to the doctors several times, and taking inflammatory pills, anti-biotic etc the pain and bumps were still there just getting worse. So I was recommended to see a Rheumatologist at the hospital, they believed it could be some viral infection and my body was just reacting to it. I have now been taking some anti-inflammatory pills that are much stronger; for the last 3 weeks and the bumps on legs have gone down a little and turning a bruise colour - but they are still coming up and moving their way up the body slowly, more appearing and disappearing on a daily basis on the whole of my arms and the back of my legs and knees, as well as some patches on my thighs now. I just don't know what to do and it is making my life ***l! Any help would really be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement