Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Urethra itching and pain - no STD

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 15 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 5, 2007
  • 07:29 AM

A few times per year I get pain in urethra (only inside the penis, usually only in the very end, but still not visible to the outside). If I ejaculate in this time, I get nasty burning pain that lasts for a day or two and then subsides.
I have this problem since I was a kid and since I didn't have any sexual partners yet, I doubt it can be STD. My symptoms:
- urethral pain, that GOES AWAY for a short time during peeing
- really bad reaction to ejaculate
- it feels good when I warm the penis, but the pain gets worse after that
- it goes away in a few days
- happening a few times a year (maybe there is a connection with the food, but I haven't found any - no 'hot' food, drinks,..)
I have been to my doctor, but she was clueless and prescribed me the cream with clotrimazolum, but it only helps in a way, that it cools the area.
This problem is very annoying. At the beggining I even cannot sleep at night because of the pain. Please help!

Best regards,
Matthew

Reply Flag this Discussion

15 Replies:

• Same Problem here mate. The reason I came here for to find a answer for this horrible probelm.At the moment, I have to EMPTY my FULL urine bag, but I cant due to the stupid pain if I urinte.The highest I urinate is ONE SMALL DROP! And pain goes like electricity in my penis. AAAAA!!!!!!Anyone help us out here please?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Same Problem here mate. The reason I came here for to find a answer for this horrible probelm.At the moment, I have to EMPTY my FULL urine bag, but I cant due to the stupid pain if I urinte.The highest I urinate is ONE SMALL DROP! And pain goes like electricity in my penis. AAAAA!!!!!!Anyone help us out here please?Sorry, mate. It doesn't seem that we have the same problem. I don't have any pain during urinating but before and after and goes away in a few days. I tend to go to the bathroom as may times as possible, because the pain goes away a few moments during urination...Good luck in finding the cause to your problem.Mathew
  • I have exactly the same symptoms. Its keeping me up. THis time around it hasn't subsided for two days now. Its horrible. Have you had any luck finding the problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 14, 2008
    • 08:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey guy I have the same systems the worst was the other day. This is new for me over the last two years i am 39 now. my doctor told me there is probably a small bed in my Urethra that stuff gets stuck in and there is nothing to be done and sending me to the uroligist would be painful and they cant do anything. If you get a differat answer let me know A few times per year I get pain in urethra (only inside the penis, usually only in the very end, but still not visible to the outside). If I ejaculate in this time, I get nasty burning pain that lasts for a day or two and then subsides.I have this problem since I was a kid and since I didn't have any sexual partners yet, I doubt it can be STD. My symptoms:- urethral pain, that GOES AWAY for a short time during peeing- really bad reaction to ejaculate- it feels good when I warm the penis, but the pain gets worse after that- it goes away in a few days- happening a few times a year (maybe there is a connection with the food, but I haven't found any - no 'hot' food, drinks,..)I have been to my doctor, but she was clueless and prescribed me the cream with clotrimazolum, but it only helps in a way, that it cools the area.This problem is very annoying. At the beggining I even cannot sleep at night because of the pain. Please help!Best regards,Matthew
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2008
    • 04:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds to me like it's a problem at the meatus,which is the very opening of the urethra.I would see a urologist to be safe though.:)
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • December 30, 2008
    • 00:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've searched several urology sites and can't really say that your Sx fit anything I've read.Are you circumcised?Do you have any discharge?Any blood in the ejaculate?
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • December 30, 2008
    • 00:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The pain is new to me (About 3 weeks) I also have itching on the lower side, about an inch from the tip/head of the penis. The comment referencing of some type of blockage makes sense however, I noticed that when ejaculating inside my wife, her vaginal contractions squeeze my penis to the point where it is painful in the exact same area where I have the pain/itching. I'm thinking that here squeezing actually caused some type of injury
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 23, 2009
    • 10:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The pain is new to me (About 3 weeks) I also have itching on the lower side, about an inch from the tip/head of the penis. The comment referencing of some type of blockage makes sense however, I noticed that when ejaculating inside my wife, her vaginal contractions squeeze my penis to the point where it is painful in the exact same area where I have the pain/itching. I'm thinking that here squeezing actually caused some type of injuryI posted this as a reply but it is for all of these postings: This most likely a yeast infection, or a yeast infection in your bladder (Interstitial Cystitis.) Your urethra is connected to your bladder so if your bladder is angry your penis will be too. For men, yeast infections can be very tricky. By the time you notice pain during urination or ejaculation, you may have a yeast infection so bad that it has taken over your bladder and maybe even your kidneys and testes. It is hard to convince your doctor that you can have this type of a problem as there isn't too much info about male yeast infections out there but it does happen. Try a Google search for Interstitial Cystitis. That may shed some light on the situation for you and your doctor.I had to take 4 weeks of Ketocanozole (not sure on the spelling there) at 200mg per day before things returned to normal (pain started to diminish to almost nothing by day 7.) Before that I tried Doxycycline, Diflucan and Avelox to no avail. Make sure you ask your doctor for a opiate based pain med like Vicodin, Codene or Percocet to help with the pain. Also, take the recommended 800mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours. That will help with the inflammation. Mine felt like ******g thumb tacks and razor blades; sometimes crippling pain. A male doctor will kick down the meds you need for sure.If you do have a yeast infection in your bladder, DO NOT DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE!!! Everybody will tell you to do that but it does not work for this particular issue. Cranberry juice is good for a Urinary Tract Infection but not for a yeast infection in your bladder. It will make matters worse by acidifying your urine which will make it burn like ***l if your urethra is irritated from a yeast infection (urethritis.) Stick to water only until it clears up and increase your intake to 1 gallon per the first 10-12 hours of every day.You must get on a anti fungal medication immediately and try like ***l to talk your doctor into giving it to you for more than 2 weeks. Your bladder needs time to heal or it will come back. Ketocanozole worked for me but I have read that Nystatin works for some folks as well.If you do have a yeast infection in your bladder and not a STD or bacterial infection, it will destroy the quality of your life for sure. What makes it worse is there isn't much info out there so it's hard to get it fixed and it's hard to find a shoulder to cry on.I feel for you guys. Good luck!!!
  • Definitely look up interstitial cystitis. It is more common in women, but also occurs in men. However....interstitial cystitis is NOT a yeast infection of the bladder. Interstitial cystitis is not an infection of any kind, but rather an inflamed bladder that is believed to be an autoimmune disorder, although not much is actually known about it.
  • Definitely look up interstitial cystitis. It is more common in women, but also occurs in men. However....interstitial cystitis is NOT a yeast infection of the bladder. Interstitial cystitis is not an infection of any kind, but rather an inflamed bladder that is believed to be an autoimmune disorder, although not much is actually known about it.I don't know what this is; I *****d up blood twice when I had this, and I have had it since 17. The condition strikes AT RANDOM, and can be slight to severe in pain. Docs don't know what the bleep it is, and I'm a virgin so STDs are out. After nine years, I'm at my wit's end. HELP!
  • Same deal here! On and off for the past 10 years, last year things really flared up thinking it was a UTI "from where I didn't have a clue", so to the doc I went, done an analysis and found blood and protein in the urine, sent it off to be tested, no bacterial growth.So this is the 4th time this year and at the moment I'm taking the risk and riding it out with no antibiotics "as if this is a yeast infection antibiotics would have to be a bad idea".Note: Look at your tongue and see if its covered with a thin white or yellow film, this is the deal for me so I'm wondering if I have a yeast infection.If that's not bad enough I have Crohns and was just on Flagyl which I think is the culprit for the yeast to go wild this time round.Told the doc about it and he gave me a bottle of tablets which I had to chew for Candida/Yeast around 8 weeks ago.Like some of you guy's its driving me nuts, it itches and sore when you first pee, ejaculation makes my eyes water and feels like your passing acid then its OK.I was on the cranberry juice, so now I'll stop that for now as I'm convinced it's not a UTI or a STD as there is no plausible reason how it could be.The next docs appointment is in a few weeks so I'll really put the pressure on.Best of luck finding out what's going on - seems like this is not an isolated thing either.PS: Don't we have any medical experts coming into this forum, thought there would be?
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Same Problem here mate. The reason I came here for to find a answer for this horrible probelm.At the moment, I have to EMPTY my FULL urine bag, but I cant due to the stupid pain if I urinte.The highest I urinate is ONE SMALL DROP! And pain goes like electricity in my penis. AAAAA!!!!!!Anyone help us out here please?-Ok guys here is some light about to be shed on the subject. Ever since I was born I hated going to the bathroom because it would burn when I peed. There was one point where there was blood in the urine also. I have recently undergone a surgery to fix this and I am now 18. So you can see that this would have upset me. It would also hurt to ejaculate. The surgery I have just undergone is called a "urethro plasty buccal mucousa"! And what they did this for was a stricture, actually two! So they found one stricture (narrowing or pinching off of the urethra) down where the penis bends into the body and they found the other one right under my bladder. So what they did is they cut out both strictures (urethro plasty) and then reconstructed me a new urethra made from SIX INCHES of my cheek! This has happened almost two weeks ago. I have a foley catheter in, and will for about another 3 weeks due to the severity of my strictures. The procedure took 8 or more hours to do. I highly suggest you go talk to a urologist about your problem.Oh and by the way We (doctors and I) have been trying since I was about twelve to figure out what was wrong with me. So I have been waiting a really long time to finally have a normal life.Thanks, and I am sorry about this I know how sucky it is!Just consult with a urologist ASAP! Don't put it offP.S. Your condition might not even be close to this so don't get freaked out and assume you will have this procedure done too. Good Luck Sincerely,J.P.B.
  • I have the same problem also. Mine started with a rash though. Tested negative for all STDs including herpes. Antibiotics have done nothing and I've had constant urethral discomfort, burning urination and testicular pain. I'm convinced It's a fungal infection, but I haven't been able to convince the doctor to give me an oral antifungal. Had you had any tests or cultures confirm a fungal infection?
  • Any idea if any of these problems can cause complications with fertility? I have some of the same symptoms as described here. I have had pain in a distinct part of my urethra toward the head on the left of the inside. The pain often increases after ejaculation and it cannot be an STD since I have only had sex with my wife and we were both virgins until we were married. Also, I had this problem before she was even my girlfriend. I also occasionally get a pinkish tint to my urine right after I void my bladder that is probably a small bit of blood. I went to a doc a few years ago, but found this to be embarrassing and I didnt finish the complete cycle of meds. Ultimately, my concern is my fertility. The pain is not terrible by any means but I really want to be a father in the near future.Thanks from the western US.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2010
    • 07:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem also. Mine started with a rash though. Tested negative for all STDs including herpes. Antibiotics have done nothing and I've had constant urethral discomfort, burning urination and testicular pain. I'm convinced It's a fungal infection, but I haven't been able to convince the doctor to give me an oral antifungal. Had you had any tests or cultures confirm a fungal infection?exaxtly the same thing that im going through i get real mad at times bc it started in my teen and i still cant get no help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2010
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement