Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

why are my lips going numb?!!!!!!!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 3, 2007
  • 09:57 AM

AM 21 YEARS OLD. I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS WHICH I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT IS AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS LATELY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.

HERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS:

1-ABDOMINAL PAIN SOMETIMES SEVERE
2-CONSTANT LOWER BACK PAIN-AT TIMES SEVERE AS WELL
3-HIP AND LEG PAIN
4-HEADACHES EVERYDAY ALMOST
5-ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION
6-LOSS OF PUBIC HAIR
7-HEART PALPITATIONS
8-DIZZINESS
9-HEAD TINGLING
10-UPPER LEFT ABDOMINAL PAIN
11-NASUEA
12-OCCASIONAL DIARRHEA
13-TIRED MOST OF THE TIME

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE BUT SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS JUST STARTED IN THE LAST MONTH OR TWO. i AM VERY CONCERNED AND EAGER TO FIND OUT WHAT IT COULD BE AND WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE TO GET A QUICK DIAGNOSIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY MAY BE. I AM DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER. I DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND SO I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR IF IT IS MOST LIKELY NOT SERIOUS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

ALSO I'VE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF UNEXPLAINED BRUISES ON MY LEGS AND MY GUMS HAVE BEEN BLEEDING ALOT LATELY. IT DOESN'T COME FROM BRUSHING IT JUST HAPPENS ON IT'S OWN. I AM STARTING TO GET VERY SCARED ABOUT THIS AND I DON'T HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE SO I NEED IDEAS SO I DON'T WASTE MONEY ON THINGS I DON'T FEEL ARE POSSIBILITY'S UNLESS I HAVE TO. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU

now my lips are going numb at times! all the pain seems to stay on the left except the elbow and shoulder pain. and every now and then i get wierd abdominal pain next to my hips. please help if u can!!!!!!! thanx!

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• addison's disease? is your skin changing color?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • not that i have noticed why?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • skin creases will pick up a tan or orangey color. Look up addison's. You have many of the symptoms.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • my ana is normal and so is my sed rate. Don't those have to be altered?
  • also about a year ago i had somerthing happen to me that i have no explaination for. I woke up and felt really wierd sort of out of place. anyways when i tried to say things my words came out all kinds of scrambled and nothing i was saying made any sense. shortly after a had really bad headache hit me like a ton of bricks. It hurt so much that I was in tears. I felt sick. i went to the doctors cuz i was pregnant. I never told him about me not being able to talk bc i was scared. my blood pressure was like 151/97. I thought maybe it was my BP but my blood pressure has been higher than that on a few occasions and no symptoms. so what could all of this be. Is it all the same thing or is it different things? i am desperate for an answer. so help if you can please any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanx in advancee
  • also about a year ago i had somerthing happen to me that i have no explaination for. I woke up and felt really wierd sort of out of place. anyways when i tried to say things my words came out all kinds of scrambled and nothing i was saying made any sense. shortly after a had really bad headache hit me like a ton of bricks. It hurt so much that I was in tears. I felt sick. i went to the doctors cuz i was pregnant. I never told him about me not being able to talk bc i was scared. my blood pressure was like 151/97. I thought maybe it was my BP but my blood pressure has been higher than that on a few occasions and no symptoms. so what could all of this be. Is it all the same thing or is it different things? i am desperate for an answer. so help if you can please any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanx in advanceehelloooo, i thought that maybe i could help with your problem, although im only sixteen i have this ALOT, and its brought on by migraines.so, you may be suffering from them too.x
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2008
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • am 21 years old. I have endometriosis which i just recently found out is an autoimmune disease. I have been having all sorts of problems lately and i don't know what's wrong with me.Here are my symptoms:1-abdominal pain sometimes severe2-constant lower back pain-at times severe as well3-hip and leg pain4-headaches everyday almost5-orthostatic hypotension6-loss of pubic hair7-heart palpitations8-dizziness9-head tingling10-upper left abdominal pain11-nasuea12-occasional diarrhea13-tired most of the timethis has been going on for a while but some of the symptoms just started in the last month or two. I am very concerned and eager to find out what it could be and what steps i need to take to get a quick diagnosis. If you have any opinions please feel free to share them no matter what they may be. I am desperate for an answer. I don't have health insurance and so i don't want to go to the doctor if it is most likely not serious. Thank you so much for your help.Also i've been getting alot of unexplained bruises on my legs and my gums have been bleeding alot lately. It doesn't come from brushing it just happens on it's own. I am starting to get very scared about this and i don't have medical insurance so i need ideas so i don't waste money on things i don't feel are possibility's unless i have to. Once again thank younow my lips are going numb at times! All the pain seems to stay on the left except the elbow and shoulder pain. And every now and then i get wierd abdominal pain next to my hips. Please help if u can!!!!!!! Thanx! its the swine flu!!!!!! :o
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 19, 2009
    • 02:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • its the swine flu!!!!!! :opost ishemek attack....sounds related.
  • also about a year ago i had somerthing happen to me that i have no explaination for. I woke up and felt really wierd sort of out of place. anyways when i tried to say things my words came out all kinds of scrambled and nothing i was saying made any sense. shortly after a had really bad headache hit me like a ton of bricks. It hurt so much that I was in tears. I felt sick. i went to the doctors cuz i was pregnant. I never told him about me not being able to talk bc i was scared. my blood pressure was like 151/97. I thought maybe it was my BP but my blood pressure has been higher than that on a few occasions and no symptoms. so what could all of this be. Is it all the same thing or is it different things? i am desperate for an answer. so help if you can please any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanx in advanceeis could be concussion or how ever you spell it this happened to me when i banged my head hope this helps
  • AM 21 YEARS OLD. I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS WHICH I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT IS AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS LATELY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.HERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS:1-ABDOMINAL PAIN SOMETIMES SEVERE2-CONSTANT LOWER BACK PAIN-AT TIMES SEVERE AS WELL3-HIP AND LEG PAIN4-HEADACHES EVERYDAY ALMOST5-ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION6-LOSS OF PUBIC HAIR7-HEART PALPITATIONS8-DIZZINESS9-HEAD TINGLING10-UPPER LEFT ABDOMINAL PAIN11-NASUEA12-OCCASIONAL DIARRHEA13-TIRED MOST OF THE TIMETHIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE BUT SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS JUST STARTED IN THE LAST MONTH OR TWO. i AM VERY CONCERNED AND EAGER TO FIND OUT WHAT IT COULD BE AND WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE TO GET A QUICK DIAGNOSIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY MAY BE. I AM DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER. I DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND SO I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR IF IT IS MOST LIKELY NOT SERIOUS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.ALSO I'VE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF UNEXPLAINED BRUISES ON MY LEGS AND MY GUMS HAVE BEEN BLEEDING ALOT LATELY. IT DOESN'T COME FROM BRUSHING IT JUST HAPPENS ON IT'S OWN. I AM STARTING TO GET VERY SCARED ABOUT THIS AND I DON'T HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE SO I NEED IDEAS SO I DON'T WASTE MONEY ON THINGS I DON'T FEEL ARE POSSIBILITY'S UNLESS I HAVE TO. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOUnow my lips are going numb at times! all the pain seems to stay on the left except the elbow and shoulder pain. and every now and then i get wierd abdominal pain next to my hips. please help if u can!!!!!!! thanx!this sounds like scurvy. eat citrus fruit.
  • AM 21 YEARS OLD. I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS WHICH I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT IS AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS LATELY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.HERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS:1-ABDOMINAL PAIN SOMETIMES SEVERE2-CONSTANT LOWER BACK PAIN-AT TIMES SEVERE AS WELL3-HIP AND LEG PAIN4-HEADACHES EVERYDAY ALMOST5-ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION6-LOSS OF PUBIC HAIR7-HEART PALPITATIONS8-DIZZINESS9-HEAD TINGLING10-UPPER LEFT ABDOMINAL PAIN11-NASUEA12-OCCASIONAL DIARRHEA13-TIRED MOST OF THE TIMETHIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE BUT SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS JUST STARTED IN THE LAST MONTH OR TWO. i AM VERY CONCERNED AND EAGER TO FIND OUT WHAT IT COULD BE AND WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE TO GET A QUICK DIAGNOSIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY MAY BE. I AM DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER. I DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND SO I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR IF IT IS MOST LIKELY NOT SERIOUS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.ALSO I'VE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF UNEXPLAINED BRUISES ON MY LEGS AND MY GUMS HAVE BEEN BLEEDING ALOT LATELY. IT DOESN'T COME FROM BRUSHING IT JUST HAPPENS ON IT'S OWN. I AM STARTING TO GET VERY SCARED ABOUT THIS AND I DON'T HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE SO I NEED IDEAS SO I DON'T WASTE MONEY ON THINGS I DON'T FEEL ARE POSSIBILITY'S UNLESS I HAVE TO. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOUnow my lips are going numb at times! all the pain seems to stay on the left except the elbow and shoulder pain. and every now and then i get wierd abdominal pain next to my hips. please help if u can!!!!!!! thanx!yep, definitely scurvy. please eat oranges.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• also about a year ago i had somerthing happen to me that i have no explaination for. I woke up and felt really wierd sort of out of place. anyways when i tried to say things my words came out all kinds of scrambled and nothing i was saying made any sense. shortly after a had really bad headache hit me like a ton of bricks. It hurt so much that I was in tears. I felt sick. i went to the doctors cuz i was pregnant. I never told him about me not being able to talk bc i was scared. my blood pressure was like 151/97. I thought maybe it was my BP but my blood pressure has been higher than that on a few occasions and no symptoms. so what could all of this be. Is it all the same thing or is it different things? i am desperate for an answer. so help if you can please any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanx in advanceeI'm not sure if you have gone to go seek help for your symptoms as of yet, but after reading this, I definitely think that you should. You may have had a bad migraine, but some of the symptoms you've described in this post like trouble with speech, severe headache and feeling "weird" are included in symptoms of a stroke. I'm not a doctor and I don't mean to scare you, but I definitely think you should let your doctor know everything that is going on with you, even if this has not happened again since the last time, let them know everything! It's the only way they can truly help. :) Good luck and I hope that you get better soon!
  • Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)? would explain many of your symptoms (thou not the pubic hair loss). You say you have orthostatic issue already and POTS commonly has other orthostatic issues coexisting including orthostatic hypotension.At least 9 of your symptoms are ones which one sees with POTS. (can also cause numbness).http://www.dinet.org/symptoms.htm
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement