Discussions By Condition: Cancer

Lump on my lip

Posted In: Cancer 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 30, 2006
  • 09:17 PM

I have a lump on my lip. It's on the top center of my lip. This is the second time I got it. Both times, it never comes to a head like a pimple and doesn't break out into a sore. It doesn't hurt or tingle, it's just there. After about 4 days, it goes away and comes back a few months later and does the same thing. It doesn't fit any of the symptoms of Herpes and doesn't act like a pimple, yet I don't know what it is or the cause of it. I should add that my wife has gotten cold sores for years and a few months ago, a relative that had sores kissed me on the lips to say hello. Is there such a thing as still having the herpes virus but it never tingling or having any feeling and never breaking out into a sore, but remaining a lump?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Thats how mine started now when I get them (only one @ a time) I feel itchy and tingly in that area later a bump then its puss filled like a bad zit it gets bigger i never let it go though I always pop it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Is there such a thing as still having the herpes virus but it never tingling or having any feeling and never breaking out into a sore, but remaining a lump? It would be within the realm of possibility, but is not probable. Your doctor can order a simple blood test to see if you have been exposed to the herpes virus, if you really want to know. This is more accurate than a surface culture. There are a set of small glands called Fordyce glands that can be found along the edges of the lip. They can sometimes fill with fluid, thereby causeing a lump to form. Your dermatologist can most likely tell you what is going on....
    Caladan 87 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement