Discussions By Condition: Cancer

Lump on my lip

Posted In: Cancer 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 30, 2006
  • 09:17 PM

I have a lump on my lip. It's on the top center of my lip. This is the second time I got it. Both times, it never comes to a head like a pimple and doesn't break out into a sore. It doesn't hurt or tingle, it's just there. After about 4 days, it goes away and comes back a few months later and does the same thing. It doesn't fit any of the symptoms of Herpes and doesn't act like a pimple, yet I don't know what it is or the cause of it. I should add that my wife has gotten cold sores for years and a few months ago, a relative that had sores kissed me on the lips to say hello. Is there such a thing as still having the herpes virus but it never tingling or having any feeling and never breaking out into a sore, but remaining a lump?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Thats how mine started now when I get them (only one @ a time) I feel itchy and tingly in that area later a bump then its puss filled like a bad zit it gets bigger i never let it go though I always pop it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Is there such a thing as still having the herpes virus but it never tingling or having any feeling and never breaking out into a sore, but remaining a lump? It would be within the realm of possibility, but is not probable. Your doctor can order a simple blood test to see if you have been exposed to the herpes virus, if you really want to know. This is more accurate than a surface culture. There are a set of small glands called Fordyce glands that can be found along the edges of the lip. They can sometimes fill with fluid, thereby causeing a lump to form. Your dermatologist can most likely tell you what is going on....
    Caladan 87 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement