Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

Extreme pain and bruising from blood draw

Posted In: Blood conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 3, 2007
  • 07:42 AM

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me. A week ago I got a DUI, went to the county jail, and had my blood drawn. Immediately after my arm was bruised yellow. A few hours later, my arm was painful and hard to move. The day after my arm was EXTREMELY bruised and has been ever since. My arm hurts so badly that I cannot straighten it all the way. It is up at my side almost like it is in a sling. It hurts A LOT to move it. It is still extremely bruised and not getting any better. I am confused, I know people can become bruised after a blood draw and sore, but...This is BAD. I showed it to a nurses of more than 30 years, she said she's never seen a bruise so bad from a blood draw. She also told me that the person probably went past my vein causing the blood to leak out. I am angry because the person taking my blood was very rude. When she was about to take my blood, I said the needle looked like it had blood in it, she said "shut up" and stuck the needle in me. I was later told the needle looked like that because blah, blah, blah, the vile or something inside.. They explained it to me in a way I was satisfied at the time. I don't think they used a dirty needle with blood still in it but..stanger things have happened to people. I will be getting tested in the coming months. Has this happened to anyone else, extreme pain and bruising from a blood draw?? I am getting worried. Also does anyone know of anything to help this heal??? Thank you for any responses.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement