Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Itchy crawly skin

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: lilcee
  • June 2, 2007
  • 07:09 PM

For the last couple of weeks, I've been getting itchy, crawly skin. My Dr said it was hives from some kind of allergy but when I was in his office, I didn't have any spots for him to see so he was just guessing. He prescribed prednizone which gave me bad withdrawals, and allegra which isn't helping.
I get a hot feeling like hot flashes then my skin feels like there are bugs crawling all over me. Then I get red spots or sometimes red lines that itch like crazy. Then they go away and later will pop up somewhere else. This is driving me crazy.
I haven't eaten anything different or changed any soaps or anything like that. The only thing different when this all started is that I was helping my husband with some yard work and it was about the time that we had alot of smoke from fires (in Fl). Also, I was doing some exercises that I've not done before.
The worst places are the back of my legs (upper part), upper arms (inside above elbows), under my breasts and around waste and my chin.
My arms get really red and itchy if they are resting on something or if I'm carrying a bag on my arm.
I get a tickly - crawly feeling in my legs and around my waste - like something is crawling on me.
I've been to other web sites and did alot of research but can't find anything. This is really driving me crazy. I hate going to the Dr because he never seems to help me and just wants to give me more drugs. I'd like some natural help.
One thought I had was menopause. I'm 60 and had a hysterectomy about 22 yrs ago and am not taking any kind of hormones.
Sorry this is so long. Just want to get some answers if anyone can help me.
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement