Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tissue swelling in ankle

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 27, 2007
  • 07:25 PM

I have had a swollen and painful ankle for almost 2 months now and my doctors don't know why. I didn't have an injury, just woke up and my ankle was sore. This has happened to me at least twice before on the same ankle in the past 4 years. I also have a very stiff neck and my voice is strained lately. I have some TMJ problems as well.

I have had an ultrasound and no blood clots were found in my leg. I also had a test for gout, but they were unable to obtain fluid, because the ultrasound showed swelling in the tissue, not the joint. The test said "no effusion present". I have tested negative about 5 times to rheumatoid arthritis.

I am on thyroid medication, had deep vein thrombosis in the past, known to have low iron, and high cholesteral. I have oral allergy syndrome - am allergic to carrots, cherries, and many local fruits. I keep wondering if maybe this is some kind of immune problem. I don't know. The doctor says I am an "enigma", great.

One thing that I wonder about - I went to the dentist the night before this happened. Maybe totally unrelated, I don't know.

I used to considered myself a healthy, fit woman who is food conscious and weight conscious. I am very concerned that there is still no diagnosis for this swelling of my ankle, which is quite incapacitating.

Insight anyone?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement