Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red face/Allergies/Hypertension

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 25, 2007
  • 03:28 PM

I have had a series of issues in the past couple of years i am trying to get a diagnosis for them but no luck yet.
1) Hypertension (On medication to control that)
2) Allergy like symptoms (itchy eyes/plugged nose) Allergy pills - no effect, no unusual allergies with scratch tests.
3) Red, burning/itchy face. When its wet or when I slather skin cream on its better (itching/burning) but the red doesnt subside. Seems worse in the evening than morning and terrible when I am stressed or worked-up. Told not strewssrelated or it woul dbe bad all the time.
4) Diagnosed with a small mass in my right adrenal gland, nothing to be concerned about since blood work and MRI didnt alarm physicians.

Any ideas? This has gone on for about 2 years. Started with the nose then dry/itchy patches on either side of nose then entire red face.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• eight years ago was the culmination of a 12 year search for the answer to symptom like yours. Tons of misdiagnosis and lack of concern but plenty more meds. End result was adrenal tumors, parathyroid was over active and thyroid not functioning right. My advise is go to the best endocronoligist you can find. My troubles ended in an enlarged heart and a dance with death. It is now eight years later and tumor was removed, health is great , heart has gotten strong and I need no more meds. I urge you get a qualified thyroid doctor and have a serum calcium test done and adrenal test. It could save you a world of hardship and prevent and early death. good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thank you very much for your feedback.Its nice to know that I am not losing my mind and someone else has/had symptoms like mine. As I mentioned, I was diagnosed with a "mass" in my adrenal glnad but the blood work wasnt off enough to justify any actions at this point. I am going for further blood work next week to see if there are any changes. All this is with an "Internal Medicine" physician. If I dont hear back regarding the tests, i have a followup appointment in the early fall and if nothing has changed, I will request a referral to endocronoligist. The issue you mentioned about the heart kind of interested me since I get "flutters" or "palpatations" sometimes. Feels like it just pauses for a moment and then goes on again. I was told it was anxiety.Thanks again,Robert
  • Thank you very much for your reply.I have been thinking more about what you said since I have another 3-4 months before I get to see my Internist (Internal Medicine) doctor again for a followup MRI.1) Did you get the red face as well? Kind of burns/itches/tingles and is red/irritated due to dryness but when I get up in the morning the redness is almost non-existant?2) Did you have to request a referral to a endocronoligist or was it something the physican did? And how did you explain the situation? I have been to a dermetologist for the face and they tell me its not dermatological but is referring me to another dermatologist to be sure.3) I have had an MRI of the abdomine and pelvis but noplace else. Was there any signs to point to other places tha tmight have a mass?4) Any other help you could provide would be great since I am at a total loss and very frusterated fighting with this for nearly two(2) years.
  • NAET.COMCheck it out.
    Eatafruit78 960 Replies Flag this Response
  • Is your red face rosacea?
  • Thank you for the site.I have had allergy testing and nothing other than level 2 (of 5 I believe) reactions.
  • I have been under teh care of a dermatologist for nearly 6 months and was told it is not rosasea, acne or anything else she is aware of. I am being told by the dermatologist the red face is physical.I am being told by the Internist the red face is phycological.I am being told by the phycologist the red face is physical.
  • I was surfing and noticed your thread. I have similar symptoms and basically was told that my red nose was not rosacea as well. I was diagnosed by a doctor that specializes in allergy medicine with ANA, thyroiditis and adrenal fatique. I also have gross malabsorption and mineral deficiencies.I'm trying to treat it naturally. It's not cheap but it might save you from meds and going under the knife.Best Wishes...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2007
    • 03:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have started getting the same symptoms as you described,I am on hypertensive treatment also and given allergy pills -with no effect itching worse at night and redness tooI have had part of my thyroid removed 6 years now ,I also feel my heart rate increase and it wakes me at night, what is so wrong with our doctors nowadays they do not listen to your symptoms it's all about trial and error with pills not taking bloods anymore to see if something shows up, we have to be our own detectives Thanks for all your posts it has helped me
  • I have started getting the same symptoms as you described,I am on hypertensive treatment also and given allergy pills -with no effect itching worse at night and redness tooI have had part of my thyroid removed 6 years now ,I also feel my heart rate increase and it wakes me at night, what is so wrong with our doctors nowadays they do not listen to your symptoms it's all about trial and error with pills not taking bloods anymore to see if something shows up, we have to be our own detectives Thanks for all your posts it has helped meYes, we have to be our own detectives.I was wondering if you believe in God and if you pray when you wake up at night with the increased heart rates. Prayer may help even with genuine physical symptoms are present.Peace.
    Eatafruit78 960 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement