Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

cyst in cervix

Posted In: Sexual conditions 7 Replies
  • Posted By: janesbaby
  • May 24, 2007
  • 00:44 AM

I have always had a problem with getting cysts. I have had them on my overies, i have had a few in my breasts, i have 1 in my wrist. I asked my doctor if i could be at more risk for cancer because i get them all the time. She said not really but i should always get them checked. I have 1 in my cervix. I went to my gyn and he said it was nothing to worry about (he told me what kind it was but i dont remember) It has been about 8 months ago or so since i saw him and it has doubled in size. I also have alot of pain in my whole pelvic region. does anyone know what i should think. I know i should get a second opinion which i am going to do because i changed insurance and now i have to get a new doctor. I just dont know if i should go to the hospital or call and ask for a quick appointment with a new doctor. but everyone knows how long it takes to get into a new doctor. I also have found a lump in the side of my neck. If anyone has any advice please let me know. thank you so much -jay :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• You should definitely go to your doctor and tell them your concerns. It may be nothing, but it's always better to err on the side of caution, you know?Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have a cyst on my cervix, walnut size and soft. My doctor believes it is a Gartner's Duct Cyst. I have seen three doctors, and they all brush it off as if, "ahh, it's no problem!" But I seem to believe it IS causing me many problems. Lower abdominal pain, frequent UTI's, frequent yeast infections, and pain after intercourse (redness and irritation). I am currently seeking for better medical help with this situation, and like you, I don't know where to begin and who to go to. If you find out any information please update on this forum.
  • I was just told yeasterday that I also have a cyst in the middle of my cervix . I knew something seemed wrong, sometimes I can feel it when I walk , but I also have the exact same symptoms as you. They checked me for std's and there is nothing. I had pre-cervical cancer several years ago so I want someone to remove it! Insist on them removing it if you are uncomfortable or it worries you. You can't be too careful ! Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2009
    • 06:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 19, 2009
    • 11:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I was just told yeasterday that I also have a cyst in the middle of my cervix . I knew something seemed wrong, sometimes I can feel it when I walk , but I also have the exact same symptoms as you. They checked me for std's and there is nothing. I had pre-cervical cancer several years ago so I want someone to remove it! Insist on them removing it if you are uncomfortable or it worries you. You can't be too careful ! Good luck.I have been going to the doctor for abdominal pain for 2 years, and no doctor seem to find the problem yet. I was told I had a cyst on my ovary, and just a few days ago I was told I have one on my cervix. I told myself that I was going to give up on doctors, and put it in the good Lord's hand. To me, some doctors will have you coming back and coming back especially if you have insurance. I will pray for you, and please pray for me!! God Bless!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 8, 2010
    • 08:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi laidies, im a 24 yr old mother of a 3 year old little girl. i have been dealing with abnormal pap's since before i had sex for the first time. i dealt with a wrong thing that happend at the age of 9, i was givin HPV and now i am living with it. HPV caused me to have pre-cancerus cervicle cells, and abnormal pap's it's always been low grade untill a few months ago when i ended up at high risk. i had to have a LEEP procedure done last month. before any of that happend i have been having massive pains in the lower area for years. it would come and stay for days, even weeks. sometimes made me bed bound or stop me in my tracks and double over in pain. i'd have to stop in the middle of work to take deep breaths n hope it goes away. sometimes i could not really even walk. i had to force my self every day to do everything that had to be done. the pains feel like im being stabbed over and over with it going around from my hip bone to my back wich felt like someone was constintly punching me over and over again. before i had my daughter, i didn't hurt. but after i gave birth thats when it all began. i shrugged it off due to me just giving birth. but after a few months i realized it had nothing to do with that. my doctor said it was just cramps from my period. but why would it be on and everyday basis? i didnt belive that was it. now i have another doctor who's a 5star by all of his patients and i know why now. he actually sits and talks with you. and listens. after the LEEP procedure he didn't feel any cysts, an for the check up to make sure i heald right, he felt again. and he still didn't feel anything. so he orderd an ultra sound and for a pelvic one also. i have a lot of them everywhere. some the size of a pea but most are the size of a quarter. i havn't got the rest of the results yet bc his nurse hasnt called on what he wants done. but i know your pain. and it's not fun. it's exsrushiating. and i hope all goes well for you. good luck, and god bless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2010
    • 02:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had pelvic pain for a while and didn't know what was going on, my pap always came back normal. I started haing abnormal bleeding a few months ago. Anything that touches my cervix causes it to bleed, including the Doctor. He said since my biopsy and pap are normal that it's a nabothian cyst. I am having the LEEP proceedure to take it out. It can be done in 30 min in the doctor's office.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement