Discussions By Condition: Colon conditions

Constipation, gas, bloating, pain

Posted In: Colon conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Angeliz
  • May 23, 2007
  • 07:06 PM

Hello Everyone:
Well, this isnt the most pleasant topic to discuss, but I see Im not the only one here.:-)
I have been having bouts with constipation all my life. But it was within the last 6 months I have gotten worse and now within the last 2 months is really bad. I have been taking MiraLax everyday just to be able to go and when I go...it is soft and probably about the size of hotdogs or mostly smaller. (sorry to be so graphic..) Sometimes it is a good amount. sometimes just a bit. I seem to have alot of gas with it. I get bloated up to where I look like Im pregnant and I have some pain on my lower left..sometimes my lower right. When Im really bloated the pain is really bad sometimes and I have to lie down. But to pass gas or of course to be able to go to the bath room is a relief. If I set in one spot for a period of time, twist or turn a certain way, or wear pants that are lower cut or somewhat tight, It starts swelling right away and seems to make me more gasy and feeling constipated. My stools are either brown or right now they look like dark green but ive ate spinache and brussel sprouts the last few days and salad. I eat bran cereal as well. My mother had Crohns disease and passed away in March. She had alot of diarreha all her life ..my great grandmother had colon cancer at 78 had it removed and lived to be 93.
So....somewhat concerning I know... But does anyone else have these problems??? I am scared. I was to have a Barium enema last week and found out thru the radiology dept that I shouldnt drink the stuff I needed to clean me out cause I do have tachycardia and PVCs.... So I havent done anything yet.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement