Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Pain in ankle, moving up leg

Posted In: Leg conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 23, 2007
  • 09:23 AM

Iam a 19 year old male. When I woke up this morning, I was absolutely well, no pain anywhere. I went to school, came back around 2pm. All of sudden, i felt some pain in my ankle. The pain has been growing since. I went out for dinner at 6pm..i could walk but the with a limp and the pain had gotten worse.

Now its 730pm and I cannot put any weight on the ankle. The pain is constant and appears to be going up to my leg. i noticed a bump just under by ankle....which is where the pain is coming from.

please help me!! i will go to the doctor tom...if i make it through the night.

should i put ice on it? has this happened to anyone here?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hi, what did the doctor say? I have the same issue, but mine is slow moving. I had noticed severe pain just above my ankle over 2 years ago and it has slowly moved up and now it is close to my knee and I am freaking out...my doctor keeps massaging me and saying that it's nothing to worry about, but I disagree....Can anyone relate? Iam a 19 year old male. When I woke up this morning, I was absolutely well, no pain anywhere. I went to school, came back around 2pm. All of sudden, i felt some pain in my ankle. The pain has been growing since. I went out for dinner at 6pm..i could walk but the with a limp and the pain had gotten worse.Now its 730pm and I cannot put any weight on the ankle. The pain is constant and appears to be going up to my leg. i noticed a bump just under by ankle....which is where the pain is coming from.please help me!! i will go to the doctor tom...if i make it through the night. should i put ice on it? has this happened to anyone here?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2009
    • 05:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have the same problem. It started in my ankle three years ago, then moved to my knee. Now my heel and calf are also hurting. I will soon be getting a X-ray of my spine and possibly a MRI.It's so frustrating when doctors can't tell you anything and just keep guessing.Hi, what did the doctor say? I have the same issue, but mine is slow moving. I had noticed severe pain just above my ankle over 2 years ago and it has slowly moved up and now it is close to my knee and I am freaking out...my doctor keeps massaging me and saying that it's nothing to worry about, but I disagree....Can anyone relate?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement