Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Pain in ankle, moving up leg

Posted In: Leg conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 23, 2007
  • 09:23 AM

Iam a 19 year old male. When I woke up this morning, I was absolutely well, no pain anywhere. I went to school, came back around 2pm. All of sudden, i felt some pain in my ankle. The pain has been growing since. I went out for dinner at 6pm..i could walk but the with a limp and the pain had gotten worse.

Now its 730pm and I cannot put any weight on the ankle. The pain is constant and appears to be going up to my leg. i noticed a bump just under by ankle....which is where the pain is coming from.

please help me!! i will go to the doctor tom...if i make it through the night.

should i put ice on it? has this happened to anyone here?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hi, what did the doctor say? I have the same issue, but mine is slow moving. I had noticed severe pain just above my ankle over 2 years ago and it has slowly moved up and now it is close to my knee and I am freaking out...my doctor keeps massaging me and saying that it's nothing to worry about, but I disagree....Can anyone relate? Iam a 19 year old male. When I woke up this morning, I was absolutely well, no pain anywhere. I went to school, came back around 2pm. All of sudden, i felt some pain in my ankle. The pain has been growing since. I went out for dinner at 6pm..i could walk but the with a limp and the pain had gotten worse.Now its 730pm and I cannot put any weight on the ankle. The pain is constant and appears to be going up to my leg. i noticed a bump just under by ankle....which is where the pain is coming from.please help me!! i will go to the doctor tom...if i make it through the night. should i put ice on it? has this happened to anyone here?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2009
    • 05:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have the same problem. It started in my ankle three years ago, then moved to my knee. Now my heel and calf are also hurting. I will soon be getting a X-ray of my spine and possibly a MRI.It's so frustrating when doctors can't tell you anything and just keep guessing.Hi, what did the doctor say? I have the same issue, but mine is slow moving. I had noticed severe pain just above my ankle over 2 years ago and it has slowly moved up and now it is close to my knee and I am freaking out...my doctor keeps massaging me and saying that it's nothing to worry about, but I disagree....Can anyone relate?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement