Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Thrush/Burning tongue

Posted In: Mouth conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jessicahsmom
  • May 21, 2007
  • 07:11 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I also have been experiencing problems with thrush and burning tongue sensations.

My problem started back in November and it was about my 2nd week into a really bad cold. The doctor gave me fluconazole for 3 days and penicillin for 7 days and it cleared right up. Well the battle with my cold continued to get worse so with in the next week they put me a really strong antibiotic and prednisone. Well with in a few days my thrush was back and they were convinced it was from the antibiotic. Well after 5 days of more fluconazole it didn't clear up and they put me on another 21 days of it. They also had me try several mouth rinses and those too didn't do anything. It never fully went away. My tongue was still coated and the tip was red and burned like ***l. About 4 weeks later I went to an ENT an he felt the need to put me on some other oral rinses and then when it didn't go away he tried allergy med's.

3 weeks ago I came down with a sinus infection and woke up this weekend with severe thrush. I can't eat, drink and my tongue burns like ***l. I started today on fluconazole for 7 days and go in for my second round of blood work tomorrow. The ENT thought it might be burning tongue syndrome but, didn't think there was anything that could be done for it. I have been researching chronic thrush also known as Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis (CMC) and burning tongue syndrome and I am beginning to wonder. Seems like someone out there has to know what this is and how to get rid of it.......

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement