Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Extreme fatigue, aches, loss of appetite

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Urang4Me
  • May 21, 2007
  • 00:39 PM

For the last six weeks I have been extremely fatigued, have no appetite, and my body just feels totally out of rhythm, as if I'm going to pass out at any minute. Multiple visits to the doctor and numerous blood tests have turned up nothing. They said I'm not anemic, and thyroid profile was good. I also had an echocardiogram with good results. I showed the doctor swelling on both sides of my neck near the clavicle and he just thought it was strained muscles. He said he didn't feel any lymph nodes. Based on my research, I'm really concerned about Hodgkin’s disease or some other disease that can not be detected with standard blood tests. I have occasional fevers and chills that lasts a couple of hours, and the muscles in my shoulder and neck area are sore. Motrin seems to help. I also have occasional muscle twitches in one of my biceps or the thigh area. Some days are OK and then others I feel like I can't even walk to the front door. I'm sometimes very aware of a pounding heartbeat, although when I check my pulse it's always in the 70 - 80 range. The only medications I take are Nexium and Benadryl, and now Motrin when I feel a fever. I am a 40 yr old Black male with no medical problems other than seasonal allergies and acid reflux. The only surgery I've had was ACL reconstruction 6 months ago. What could be causing these symptoms and what other treatments should I try?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement