Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

my head tingles - what is it?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: sickinthehead
  • May 18, 2007
  • 08:21 PM

It's on the right side of my head and for the last 3 days I've had waves of tingling, almost like you'd feel if you suddenly got a chill in your head - like a breeze or rush of cold air. It lasts for maybe 10 seconds, then fades and then maybe a a half hour later, it returns. Other times it's back within 5 minutes.

I can only think of two rational things for this: 1. I slept with the fan blowing toward me Tuesday night (it's Friday) and that gave me a chill in the head/ ear canal or

2. It's some sort of menopausal/hormonal thing (just got my period). I'm 47 and in deep perimenopause.

It's annoying me. There's no numbness or anything else associated with this - except some pain in my shoulders and back but I always have that.

Can anyone help me figure this out?:eek:

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Dear sickinthehead please read last 5 pgs of "It's a mystry until we solve it"--mommy cat many are having strange symptoms tingling is just one of them Be Well...mommy cat:)
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • This happens to me sometimes too, but I only seem to get one every couple of months. It only came after I started having panic attacks, so I just linked it to that. No idea.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Please read last 5 pages of It's a mystery until we solve it--mommy cat symptoms come and go...tingling is one many have odd complaints...we are just figuring out that countless are having similar/same symptoms...I am just one I am a nurse and noticed a pattern of symptoms when I went looking for someone who might have info on my illness...MANY have my sx some have 1 sx...some have many I'm here...mommy cat:)
  • P.S. I have recently suffered panic attacks as well...never had them my whole life...many complain of this too it is a symptom...as well as many others:(
  • Thanks all for your replies. Funny you should say panic attacks: two weeks ago I had to go to Florida for a big whoop dee doo wedding weekend and because of my hypoglycemia and perimenopause combined, which causes a lot of problems with blood sugar - I was very nervous about having a blood sugar episode on the plane ... at the wedding ... at the reception ...the entire week I had a severe tension headache - have you ever had this? It pounds for like a minute, then goes away and I feel great, then the pounding returns - on and off, on and off for a week - first in anticipation of the event and then at the event. I had the pounding until the plane landed back in Jersey and then I was fine. and then the head tingling started - I wonder if it isn't some sort of residual effect; some sort of aftermath. Or it could be hormonal - it did start with my period and now that that's waning, the tingling seems to be waning as well.Best not to dwell on it anymore.... BTW: today, still getting tingling tho not as severe as last week.
    sickinthehead 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • migraines...tinging both common threads with many suffering this I get them, migraines...weird feelings, tingling...neurological stuff look into it, K?...mommy cat:)
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement