Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

no appetite, no energy, sour stomach in morning

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 15, 2007
  • 06:55 PM

Hello,
I have been feeling bad for approx 60 day. I have no appetite, no energy, my stomach is sour sometimes in the morning. After a few hours of being awake, the sour stomach usually goes away. I feel a bit weak when I am walking around (feels like when your blood sugar is low). If I am laying down or sitting on the couch, the weakness isn't noticeable usually. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning because I have no energy and feel exhausted. I tend to feel better at night than I do during the day. The morning is the worst. I have stopped doing erands with my wife and have decline to go out to eat several times because I don't feel well enough to go. My wife indicates that I am more quiet than usual (which is true). I don't know if all of this is because I am sick or I am depressed. I am not sitting at home crying all the time. I do feel frustrated because this has been going on for so long.

The Dr. has given me several blood test: cbc, thyroid, liver, kidney, esr, cea, blood sugar. All test have come back good
I had a chest Xray and a adominal and brain Cat Scan. These test also came back good.

The Dr. thinks that I have depression. I have tried 4 different anti depresants and stopped each for one reason or another (made me droggy, couldn't sleep, didn't think it was working, etc). The Dr. now has me on Paxil 40MG. I took Paxil for 10 years prior to this and stopped because I thought it was no longer working. I was on 20mg before.

I have been off work for 2 weeks now because I don't feel good enough to go in the office.

Can depression cause symptoms such as I am describing? Can these symtoms last for awhile before relief starts to occur? Is there any other medical issues I might be having? Is there anything I can do to jump start my appetite and get my energy back?

Thanks,
Lance

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement