Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

bump in my belly button

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 12, 2007
  • 08:02 PM

I have a large round bump in my belly button. It started as a hardness in the upper ring of my belly button, then started to form a round marble size bump in my belly button from the inside upper wall. It is slightly red and warmer than the rest of my tummy. It also has a slightly burning itchy pain and hurts when I bend over or sit down putting any pressure on it. I had a c-section about 3 weeks ago and have not done anything physically strenuous. I went to my ob-gyn, he pushed around on my belly and said he didn't think it was a hernia but said he didn't know what it was. He suggested putting hydrocortisone cream on it. Well, it doesn't help. I think it might be an abscess or cyst but I don't really know. But I still think its possible for it to be a hernia.
My question is has anyone had the same thing? If so what was it? I plan on going to a regular doctor about it and any extra info I can get would be helpful. Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement