Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

stomach swelling

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 9, 2007
  • 09:47 PM

I am considered obese because I am overweight. I weight 250 lbs. I am 5'9" tall and have been told my ideal weight is 150 to 175 lbs. I had a baby in June 2006. I lost 40 lbs before I got pregnant and during my pregnancy I only gained 40 lbs. So basically, I have maintained the weight of 250lbs for the last year and a half. My son is now 10 months old and I still look like I am 7 to 8 months pregnant. I realize that I am overweight...MY DOCTOR HAS MADE THAT VERY CLEAR! But I insist that there is something else going on in my belly. I was never this bloated before my pregnancy and now every where I go people ask me "When are you due?" And I embarassingly say "I'm not pregnant!" I know this bloating is NOT NORMAL! It starts underneath my breasts and continues to my groan. I hope that someone will have a explanation or a suggestion (besides "Lose Weight") that will help me determine what is happening to my tummy.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement