Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

lump on outside vagina

Posted In: Sexual conditions 38 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 9, 2007
  • 04:37 PM

i have a large lump on the outside of my vagina near my thigh. i think it might be a cyst or abscess. it is hard and about 5cm in length. could it be a cyst or an abscess or something else perhaps?

Reply Flag this Discussion

38 Replies:

• I had a very similar problem -- I had a VERY large lump right by the crease of my thigh. I believe it was caused by an ingrown hair that became very irritated. If it is an abscess, it will continue to get bigger and more painful, winding up as a hard lump with a squishy, soft part in the middle. Whatever you do, don't try to drain it yourself b/c if you pop it or squeeze it and it bursts, the edges of the wound won't heal very well and you'll risk scarring and infection. Go see your dermotogolist and they'll be able to tell you whether or not it's ready to drain. It's really, really, REALLY gross when it does burst, but your dermo will be able to do it in a safer, cleaner environment so you won't risk scarring or infection as much. What I suggest you do for the time being is put hot tea bags (Lipton or whatever) on it for five to ten minutes twice a day. The heat and something in the teabags helped me SO much. After the first one I had burst, a few weeks later I got one in my armpit. I started putting teabags on it, and there was a remarkable improvement overnight. Anyway, I hope this helps -- I'm serious a/b the teabags though. They should really do wonders for you! :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thankyou. unfortunately it did burst (gross). i am going to the doctor in the next couple of days to make sure its not infected or anything.Thanks for your help though, i will do the teabag thing.
  • I have the same thing but ill get it on the 1 side and when that one goes away ill get another on the other side and they feal just like how JOEL said hers did :( .Help me please
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2009
    • 11:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there I have this lump just outside my vagina near the lip almost near my thigh area. It doesn't hurt even when i push down on it. I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctors so i decided to look it up but some of the things I've read don't seem to be what I have. Its a hard but small lump. Please someone help me out.
  • Hi there I have this lump just outside my vagina near the lip almost near my thigh area. It doesn't hurt even when i push down on it. I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctors so i decided to look it up but some of the things I've read don't seem to be what I have. Its a hard but small lump. Please someone help me out.I know that it can be embarassing to go to the doctor, but this is what doctors do.They are trained for years to deal with whatever kind of problems we are having.Please reconsider about seeing your doctor, it may not only give you an answer, but put your mind to rest.
    riskyd 35 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know that it can be embarassing to go to the doctor, but this is what doctors do.They are trained for years to deal with whatever kind of problems we are having.Please reconsider about seeing your doctor, it may not only give you an answer, but put your mind to rest.but what is the bump? is it an STD or just a pimple?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2009
    • 02:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • but what is the bump? is it an STD or just a pimple?Thats just it. It's impossible to really know unless you see a doctor. It could be something serious or it could be nothing at all. Either way it's better to get it out of the way.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 27, 2009
    • 07:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • but what is the bump? is it an STD or just a pimple?im sorry but did you ever find out what it was i thinking going thru the same thing?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2010
    • 06:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi im only 15 and not sexual active but i have found two lumps on the inner walls of my vagina, the first is soft and a weird texture at the front and the second is hard and big at the back they arnt far up though. i have also been getting flu symptoms such as: bad chest/throat swolling glands and irregular periods. i am worried and dont know what to do as they are painful and my inner vaguna is swolen you can hardly put a finger in it. i dont want to tell my mam as she will wonder how i found it...... please please help me
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2010
    • 00:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi im only 15 and not sexual active but i have found two lumps on the inner walls of my vagina, the first is soft and a weird texture at the front and the second is hard and big at the back they arnt far up though. i have also been getting flu symptoms such as: bad chest/throat swolling glands and irregular periods. i am worried and dont know what to do as they are painful and my inner vaguna is swolen you can hardly put a finger in it. i dont want to tell my mam as she will wonder how i found it...... please please help meYou need to go to the gyno's. it could be what's called a bartholin's cyst/abcess.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2010
    • 04:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im sorry but did you ever find out what it was i thinking going thru the same thing? hey i think im going through the same thing too.. Do you know what it is?
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i have a large lump on the outside of my vagina near my thigh. i think it might be a cyst or abscess. it is hard and about 5cm in length. could it be a cyst or an abscess or something else perhaps?i have sort of the same, im only 14 i am still a virgin too. i have 3 large hard bumps around my vagina close to my thighs. they have no heads and are ver painfull to touch/rub againt knickers. i dont want to go to the doctors because the other one's i have had have gone down but this one seems it wont. one have popped before and all puss like substance came out, it did leave a scar but its not that noticable. i Do shave my pubic hairs if that has anything to do with it? PLEASE please help me thanks :).
  • Hi I'm 15 and I just noticed a lump about a little larger than a penny outside of my vagina near the lips. I hurts to press on, and I'm scared it's a cyst or something . I too am not sexually active(other than fingers...) and I've been having irregular periods for a while now. I've also been having cold symptoms. Please help!
  • What is your defination of NOT sexually active? If you are having oral sex, you could have contracted an STD. (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Without treatment, symptoms could become worse and some STDs and even cause blindness if left untreated. Please tell your mother. Her finding out how you found the symptoms if far less painful that what the latter could be.hi im only 15 and not sexual active but i have found two lumps on the inner walls of my vagina, the first is soft and a weird texture at the front and the second is hard and big at the back they arnt far up though. i have also been getting flu symptoms such as: bad chest/throat swolling glands and irregular periods. i am worried and dont know what to do as they are painful and my inner vaguna is swolen you can hardly put a finger in it. i dont want to tell my mam as she will wonder how i found it...... please please help me
  • Hey, so. I have this sort of lump hanging off my vagina lip itself. I've had it for as long as I can remember, but it's only recently started to get painful. I'm sixteen years old, and I know that doctors are trained to deal with this, but I'm too embarrassed to go see one purely because I don't get along with the only female doctor. Does anyone have any idea what is? It's kind of squishy but really hurts and feels strange to touch.
  • i have a large lump on the outside of my vagina near my thigh. i think it might be a cyst or abscess. it is hard and about 5cm in length. could it be a cyst or an abscess or something else perhaps? Hi you are right it probably is a cyst! i got these and i kept getting them and i had sugery and still got them, then all of a sudden they just went away! but anyway i know a lot about this because i have had it alot! so you havee two glands on your vagina and those glands produce the "wetness" and when one of those glands get clogged it causes a cyst! you either get one side or the other! and if you get an infection in the cyst, it is an abscess! if it is just a cyst it wont hurt, just feel uncomfortable, take sit baths and it usually pops the cyst it dorsnt hurt though! if its an abscess it will hurt and the baths wont pop it thats when you should go see a doctor! i hope i helped!
    alissa731 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • hi im only 15 and not sexual active but i have found two lumps on the inner walls of my vagina, the first is soft and a weird texture at the front and the second is hard and big at the back they arnt far up though. i have also been getting flu symptoms such as: bad chest/throat swolling glands and irregular periods. i am worried and dont know what to do as they are painful and my inner vaguna is swolen you can hardly put a finger in it. i dont want to tell my mam as she will wonder how i found it...... please please help meHi, I'm 25 and have the same problem the fear of embarrassment and the unknown doesnt get easier as you get older. For one you mother will really appreciate that you are able to share your problem with her and once you have she will be able to help you get it sorted. I have noticed its quite common for us girls to get lumps, cysts and ingrowing hairs but its how you deal with it thats important you should never ignore them. It may also be helpful to know that you can get swollen glands in the area during the time of your period. I have two lumps one on the crease of my leg which is around 2cm and one such as yours which is about the size of a small pea. They may be ingrowning hairs or nothing to worry about but get it checked out. I'm going this week, the doctor will have seen far worse and will know what to do straight away. They will make the consultation as easy and as dignified as they can for you.I hope this helps and I hope you speak to your mum and book an appointment with your dr.Sarah.x
  • Did any1 find out about this?? Did u go to the doctor?hi im only 15 and not sexual active but i have found two lumps on the inner walls of my vagina, the first is soft and a weird texture at the front and the second is hard and big at the back they arnt far up though. i have also been getting flu symptoms such as: bad chest/throat swolling glands and irregular periods. i am worried and dont know what to do as they are painful and my inner vaguna is swolen you can hardly put a finger in it. i dont want to tell my mam as she will wonder how i found it...... please please help me
  • Did any1 find out about this?? Did u go to the doctor?It has been mentioned above it is Bartolin's cyst or abscess very common problem and not related to sex or sexual transmitted disease. I have one it is sore and just like you guys I was worried it could be something serious. For the Teenagers afraid to talk to their mothers for fear of embarrassment and them thinking your having sex or touching yourself, trust me they did that themselves. Who knows, they might get it as well and know exactly what to do - as I said it is common. If it is a cyst warm baths a few times a day will drain it. If it is sore like mine I think a doctor needs to drain it or, have a look at it.My research is based on what I looked up for Bartolin's cysts/abscess. It did say if you getting a temperature you really need to get to the doctors quick, or if you can't walk or sit due to the pain.Don't put it off girls, tell someone especially your mother she will understand, they love you no matter what and will not think less of you trust me, beside them holding your hand when you see a doctor it worth it don't you.
  • Please don't worry about this. It will most probly be a ingron hair. It usualy is... i usually get them lumps, i was worried at first but it went in a couple of days. It could take longer for some people though. When u have an ingrown hair you don't have a cirtain size lump, they come in all sizes. If your so worried about this then don't be embarrassed, You are best going to the doctors to see about it b/c its better to be safe then sorry and it will also put your mind at rest :).Hope i helped a little.x
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement