Discussions By Condition: Knee conditions

Throbbing, clicking and popping

Posted In: Knee conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Josepentia
  • May 9, 2007
  • 00:59 AM

Hello there, I am new here- and I'm hoping someone can please help me. I am a 22 y/o female that has had persistant left knee pain for years now. Only recently has it become so bothersome that I have been to see a DR. My symptoms are these : popping/ clicking (especially when extending the leg- for example when I push in the clutch) swollen at the end of the day, though not in the mornings, constant throbbing, tender on both sides on the bottom of the knee cap and the pain almost feels like it is inside of my knee- if that makes sense to you. A recent event made the pain worse- and more often- my german shepherd came running down the stairs and knocked into the outside of my left knee- causing me to lose my balance as well. Ever since my knee has felt unstable, and very painful. I have used both, or either, the cold or hot methods, advil, motrin and the like, as well as trying to rest the knee with a knee brace. After 4 weeks, I had a return visit to the DR where she sent me for Xrays- here is what the report said (if you could so kindly translate for me?)
"Overall the osseous integrity of the left knee is unremarkable. There is subtle lateral translation of the patella with relation to the patellofemoral articulation which may reflect a subtle integrity loss of the medial retinaculum for which MR could prove more information."

Could someone please tell me what this means?
I am scheduled for an MRI next week w/o contrast- so I will see what happens then. But I would love to have a heads up on what might be going on here.
Thanks in advance,
Jocelyn

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement