Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Left abdomen and left back pain discomfort

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Bristol
  • May 8, 2007
  • 03:11 PM

:confused: I have mild pain and discomfort in my lower left abdomen and into my side and back. In my side it feels like a pulled muscle but mild pain in the back and left abdomen. I have had mild episodes of diahrea but it usually goes to normal after a few days. I have noticed for past couple years a need for bowel movement soon after eating. My side feels better when I stretch it out. My left abdomen seems to hurt sometimes when I take a deep breath. When I stretch out my left abdomen it feels really tight. This has been going on for several months. Started out as tenderness in left side. Most days symptons are mild but are still there. Some days it really bothers me. On the days when it really bothers me I have noticed a more frequent urge to urinate but when I do it is kinda week. Most days that is normal. I had a gallbladder attack 5 weeks ago and followed up with ultrasound and hida scan. Have gallstones and sludge but surgeon says 50-50 on if I should have gallbladder removed. My regular MD "looked" at my left side condition. He mashed around and ask questions. Said it could be diverticulitis but he doubted it. I had a clean colonoscopy 7 years ago and another clean one 2 years ago. My MD said since those were good and they did not mention diverticulitis he would not worry much about it. He did say my gallbladder problem should not be causing the issues on my left side and back. I have not had any more gallbladder issues and I am trying to make a decision on the surgery. My main concern is the left side and back issue. Can anyone help?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement