Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Odd white patterns on tongue

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 8, 2007
  • 00:06 AM

Hello everyone. I have been having a serious issue with my tongue for a couple of years now. Slowly but surely, there have been these odd looking patterns forming all around my tongue. It started just on the tip but has been slowly working its' way to the back. I fear of what would happen if that did occur.

It does not hurt what’s so ever. In fact, I would never have noticed it if I hadn't looked at it. My doctor told me that it was nothing to worry about and that it would go away in time; that was 7 months ago. There have been a few incidents in the past where I tried to brush my tongue but it would start to bleed. Since then, I have been using plenty of Listerine and scope but have seen no improvement.

I can't upload images of my tongue but there are a few that I have uploaded to a photo bucket account. Just copy and paste them into the address bar to view them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please repost or email me at garble_glo@yahoo.com. Thank you again.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/garble_glo/CIMG1131.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/garble_glo/CIMG1132.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/garble_glo/CIMG1137.jpg

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• You have a Geographic Tongue! I have the same condition. It's really nothing to worry about. it's just a nuisance. I'll bet your tongue gets sore, and those white patches pop up when you drink or eat stuff with high concentrations of citric acid, like orange juice, or cola. There is no cure for it, and no one knows what causes it. It has been linked with psoriasis, though. It doesn't harm you or anything though I get the exact thing on my tongue. Email me if you have questions! bozidarg@hotmail.com.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You have a Geographic Tongue! I have the same condition. It's really nothing to worry about. it's just a nuisance. I'll bet your tongue gets sore, and those white patches pop up when you drink or eat stuff with high concentrations of citric acid, like orange juice, or cola. There is no cure for it, and no one knows what causes it. It has been linked with psoriasis, though. It doesn't harm you or anything though I get the exact thing on my tongue. Email me if you have questions! bozidarg@hotmail.com.YES. It always gets sore when I drink orange juice or wash my mouth with Listerine. I stopped drinking any kind of acidic liquid and have washed my mouth daily with Peroxyl. It has healed my tongue but not completely. Thanks for all the help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement