Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Tonsilliths (tonsil stones)

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 2, 2007
  • 02:12 PM

I think I've had tonsilliths since about Christmas. They're little whitish balls no bigger than a peppercorn that smell like concentrated halitosis. I went to see my student health doctor about it and she didn't care. She looked at my throat and didn't see any recesses where they could come from but wouldn't do anything else.

Every couple of weeks I'll expactorate a group - I guess when one comes loose a bunch come with it. I also have awful chronic sinus problems. I usually get at least one sinus infection a year. This past winter I had just one, but lots of sinus pain and sometimes congestion. Also, about since October (fall allergy season) practically every morning (probably about 4 out of 5) when I blow my nose there is blood in the mucus from at least one nostril.

This morning another bunch of tonsilliths came up, but there were two black things two. Small, about 1/4 the size of a peppercorn. Hard, and no odor like the tonsilliths. I'm hoping it wasn't dried blood, but the texture was sort of scab-like.

Does anyone have an idea what this is or what I should do? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement