Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Full body bloat?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 1, 2007
  • 05:21 AM

Hi, my sister's body is completely bloated. she is retaining water everywhere. I have never seen such a thing. She was this way for 3 weeks before she went to er. She can hardly breath let alone walk with all the extra weight she is carrying around. The hospital hooked her up with an IV and immediately started draining the liquids and sent her home with water pills. While she was in the hospital just from the IV her legs and arms and face started getting red from the fluids circulating again. Bizarr .. I cannot believe they sent her home. One week later and she has completely lost color again , still bloated everywhere. She has to hold her stomach up to walk it is so heavy. Any suggestions? The hospital also told her she has an enlarged heart. What causes an enlarged heart and what makes it small again?
Thanks for any feedback.

Lori

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Lori...bloated, difficulty breathing, facial or upper body flushing...these are ME symptoms...please go to www.ahummingbirdsguide.com write down every sx your sister has, no matter how trivial it seems...I know this is scary but keep in mind, it's viral and can be contagious...There are hundreds of people on this site with ME sx and I'm doing my best to find them...I believe this to be of epidemic proportions...I've been a nurse for 15 years and it's way too coincidental that there are so many people having so many sx that so many dr's can't figure out...Please read my thread'It's a mystery until we solve it" mommy cat...perhaps this will shed some light...after you go to hummingbird site, look here for people with ME sx...everyone from 5 yr old children to 61 year old women and everyone in between...Best of luck to you and your sister, I feel her pain...I've been ill for years with no explanation until now...Be well...mommy cat
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, my sister's body is completely bloated. she is retaining water everywhere. I have never seen such a thing. She was this way for 3 weeks before she went to er. She can hardly breath let alone walk with all the extra weight she is carrying around. The hospital hooked her up with an IV and immediately started draining the liquids and sent her home with water pills. While she was in the hospital just from the IV her legs and arms and face started getting red from the fluids circulating again. Bizarr .. I cannot believe they sent her home. One week later and she has completely lost color again , still bloated everywhere. She has to hold her stomach up to walk it is so heavy. Any suggestions? The hospital also told her she has an enlarged heart. What causes an enlarged heart and what makes it small again? Thanks for any feedback. LoriTry researching FOOD ALLERGIES! Theres a quick blood test you can take.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, my sister's body is completely bloated. she is retaining water everywhere. I have never seen such a thing. She was this way for 3 weeks before she went to er. She can hardly breath let alone walk with all the extra weight she is carrying around. The hospital hooked her up with an IV and immediately started draining the liquids and sent her home with water pills. While she was in the hospital just from the IV her legs and arms and face started getting red from the fluids circulating again. Bizarr .. I cannot believe they sent her home. One week later and she has completely lost color again , still bloated everywhere. She has to hold her stomach up to walk it is so heavy. Any suggestions? The hospital also told her she has an enlarged heart. What causes an enlarged heart and what makes it small again? Thanks for any feedback. LoriI have the same situation as your sister. My stomach is huge like a 8 months pregnant and I have a moon face and my legs was so heavy that it hurts to walked. I went also to E.R. because I had trouble breathing and shortness of breath. They also hook me up with an IV and water pills and sent me home. Two days later, I got worsen and went back to E.R. and this time I was so mad and told them that I need more test done. I end up stayed in the Hospital for 5 days due to A-fib, enlarge heart and lead to a heart failure. This was a month ago on March. At this moment I am taking medication and aside from that I am taking a natural supplements that my natural Dr. suggested it. The products brand was Standard Process and you can only get it through professionals...names of the products are: cardio plus, Cyruta plus, cataplex B4, G, F and E2. If you have any questions, visit my facebook @http://www.facebook.com/lanie.kramer and also you can see my huge belly there..LOL.
    multipleimpact 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement