Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Lack of Bowel Movement for 4 days, extreme gas pains,

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: mamcfeely
  • April 30, 2007
  • 01:51 PM

Hello all I am new to the board and this is really weird posting on here, but I am kind of in a dilema as to what to do. I have had on and off digestive problems for a few months, but it has always gotten better.

This past Wednesday night I started getting pains that felt like hunger pains, but they weren't hunger pains. I haven't been able to have a bowel movement since Wednesday morning. What I do get to pass is murky and has what looks like mustard seeds in it, no I haven't eaten any whole grain mustard or any mustard at all for that matter. II have taken 6 Correctol Laxatives and that was the only time I got the mucusy substance to pass, but that was all. I have tried to vomit to try and eleveate some of the fullness feeling in my stomach, but I couldn't vomit no matter what I tried nothing but mucus comes up.

I don't however have a fever, if anything my temp is running a little low. I am still having the pains in my stomach. Now though I am also having pretty bad muscle pains in my legs and now in my arms. I get a little dizzy from time to time, but that part passes.

I don't know if this is something to worry about or if I should just let it pass on it's own. How long does one wait on something like this before they seek medical assistance?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement