Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

quivering voice

Posted In: Nerve conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 21, 2006
  • 03:33 AM

I have developed a quivering voice that comes and goes which I cannot hear, but my husband and daughter tell me I have, my daughter tells me it is getting worse and sometimes I am slurring my words. Can anyone tell me what causes this, I am 63 have asthma, crohn's(which is under control) acid reflux, pernicious anemia which I take B-12 shots for.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• maybe you have Spasmodic dysphonia
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 11, 2006
    • 03:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Eileen, I found this. I hope it helps.tremulousadj 1. Said of someone, their limbs, voice, etc: quivering, especially with fear, worry, nervousness, excitement, etc.Thesaurus: shaking, trembling, quivering, palpitating.2. Said of someone's disposition, etc: shy, retiring, fearful, anxious, etc.Thesaurus: timid, cowardly, fearful, shy, timorous.3. Said of a drawn line, writing, etc: that has been produced by a shaky or hesitant hand; wavy or squiggly.I found this discription when I was looking for side severe side effects of my paxil withdrawels. I wish you luck.Lightweaver
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2006
    • 01:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,I am having trouble with my voice also, about a year and a half ago I had a paralyzed vocal chord. quivering tongue and my voice was very soft, barely perceptible and when I tried to talk and breath at the same time, I thought I would pass out. I visited many doctors, and finally my ENT suggested a neurologist. He did many tests but could not come up with anything. Fortunately I am better due to me resting my voice and not speaking much and I became better, but my voice was not as strong as before and everyone always would say huh!! because they could not hear me. So I've learned only to say what is necessary. Unfortunately my luck has run out everything is back, except for the paralysis, and I have a new symptom at times my words come out backwards at time or I sound as if I am drunk, people look at me sometimes and ask me what is wrong with me and laugh, so I laugh with them to cover up. I have to go back to the neurologist per my ENT, not looking forward to the tests again. If anyone out there knows an ENT who is the bomb and can help me in Cleveland, Ohio, please let me know. I wish you luck and please do the same for me.:confused:
    kymmieb112 1 Replies
    • September 25, 2007
    • 09:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Kymmie, Have you had an MRI? If your words are coming out backwards, your issue is almost certainly neurological. The textbook procedure at this point would be an MRI to check for tumors or injuries in speech-related brain areas like Broca's and the lateral cerebellum. I don't want to second guess your neurologist, but if your symptoms are getting worse an MRI is a really, really good idea.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 15, 2008
    • 09:07 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement