Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Red, dry spot on my calf

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 22, 2007
  • 03:10 AM

So I'm at my allergist's office the other day and he asks if I had any other concerns. I said, "Yeah, what is this?" and showed him this spot on my calf.

It's about the size of a quarter, purplish-red, very dry (despite almost daily treatment with petroleum-based neosporin) and it's kind of a raised knot. Sore to the touch. I've had it about 2 weeks.

He said my ankles probably arent' growing hair like my upper legs. (Like I really notice when I shave) and that my skin is probably dry down there too. (Yeah, but only in the winter.) Also that the spot would probably take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.

When I asked what I could do for it, he deferred to a higher authority and said I should ask my primary. My endo is the closest thing I have to a primary, and I'd like to be doing the "right things" to take care of this before my June appintment.

I'm not a diabetic, but have PCOS and I am significantly overweight. Also, I've had swelling in my legs for some time. (Though it's kind of hard to tell that from the fat!)

Barring eating better and losing weight (something I'm already working on) what can I do?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement