Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Nine years of pain!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: nineyears!
  • April 22, 2007
  • 03:00 AM

If I think back it has been just over nine years of surgery, misdiagnosis, and ridicule. Just after my eighteenth birthday I had a sudden and strong side pain episode on my way to the college attendance office. my parents played it off as nerves or an attempt to get out of it. Two weeks later it happened again and my dad rushed me to the hospital, the er doctor decided it was "just kidney stones" and sent me home (his first thought was I was a pregnant teen afraid of her parents) :eek:
I went thru years of tests, kidney mostly but also cat scans, stomach scopes, and ulrasounds were high on the list. At twenty two I finally gave up and started to actually belive they were right, it was in my head, I was making myself ill for attention. Until last year, at twenty six I had tried everything, massage, tapes and whatever I could find to calm myself down. :confused:
Nothing worked, I had my gallbladder removed in january hoping for a stop to the continuous, life altering, job ruining, relationship throwing pain. It has helped but alas the pain returned as a milder but as annoying fact of life. I was in so much pain that I would fall to the floor in one second and be convinced i was fine the next just out fear that people would think I was doing it for attention as I was so often accused.

Last week I realized that I hadnt had a pain in days, I also realized that I hadnt had any type of meat in days! I went vegetarian for three days pain free and then tried fish thinking I couldent take hard to digest certain meats. The pain was at level nine!
I havent had ANY meat in ten days and I feel great! No depression, no PMS, and my ADD has even seemed to calm a bit. I know about milk protien allergies and certain meat (chicken or red alone) allergies but is it possible that i am allergic to all meat or any mass amount of protien?????
Please help! I am 27 and am starting over as a vegetarian with ridicule and laghter at my every move

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement