Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Dry, Scaley Looking Skin On Legs

Posted In: Skin conditions 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 20, 2007
  • 01:29 AM

Hi, I have had this problem ever since i went into 5th grade.
The dry, scaley like skin started out on my front of my legs. The inner sides are actually pretty good. Now, for a few years I have very bad dry skin on the thighs of my legs and there are also very tiny bumps on them too.

I've used the severe dry skin lotions before. I used to put them on my legs EVERYDAY but it didnt seem to help completely get rid of it, however using lotion does help it ALOT. I'm a Junior in high school now and it's still like this. It doesn't really itch at all... it just really bothers me.

Any advice?

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• Its suprising that someone else has exacerly the same problem! im the only person in my year who i have seen with horrible scaly legs!! i am really self conscious of it! which means another summer in tights or jeans!!!I have had it since i was about 9 or 10! its a horrible spottyness on my skin. Its like pimples all over, some of them are bumpy. it goes up the whole of my leg! i have found that exfoliating in the shower everyday helps get rid of the bumps - which means smooth skin. But the appearence of the skin on my legs seems to not change! So i am going to the doctors in two days to see if i can get anything done!If you would like me to tell u how the doctors go and if i find out anything more about my skin and how do get rid of it then please reply anyone!Also could anyone or you tell me if you know anymore about my problem or how to help it!(By the way my skin isnt anything to do with shaving or waxing because i got this skin problem way before i started waxing!)thanks! xx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did you find help with your doctor or anything?, this is killing my skin feels so bumpy and scaly
  • I have had the exact same problem for as long as I can remember. Been to so many dermatologists..used hundrends of different creams, moisturizers, emolients etc...to no avail.Would like to know if anyone's had any luck with a particular product???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 24, 2009
    • 00:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • its suprising that someone else has exacerly the same problem! Im the only person in my year who i have seen with horrible scaly legs!! I am really self conscious of it! Which means another summer in tights or jeans!!!I have had it since i was about 9 or 10! Its a horrible spottyness on my skin. Its like pimples all over, some of them are bumpy. It goes up the whole of my leg! I have found that exfoliating in the shower everyday helps get rid of the bumps - which means smooth skin. But the appearence of the skin on my legs seems to not change! So i am going to the doctors in two days to see if i can get anything done!If you would like me to tell u how the doctors go and if i find out anything more about my skin and how do get rid of it then please reply anyone!Also could anyone or you tell me if you know anymore about my problem or how to help it!(by the way my skin isnt anything to do with shaving or waxing because i got this skin problem way before i started waxing!)thanks! Xx i have had the same problem my whole life, and my 8 yr old daughter has it as well however my 14 yr old son does not. So far the docs have had no answer for me. Have you found anything that works? Please let me know. My email is cissiebear@gmail.com thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2011
    • 07:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Its suprising that someone else has exacerly the same problem! im the only person in my year who i have seen with horrible scaly legs!! i am really self conscious of it! which means another summer in tights or jeans!!!I have had it since i was about 9 or 10! its a horrible spottyness on my skin. Its like pimples all over, some of them are bumpy. it goes up the whole of my leg! i have found that exfoliating in the shower everyday helps get rid of the bumps - which means smooth skin. But the appearence of the skin on my legs seems to not change! So i am going to the doctors in two days to see if i can get anything done!If you would like me to tell u how the doctors go and if i find out anything more about my skin and how do get rid of it then please reply anyone!Also could anyone or you tell me if you know anymore about my problem or how to help it!(By the way my skin isnt anything to do with shaving or waxing because i got this skin problem way before i started waxing!)thanks! xxHey, I have the same problem.I went to the doctors they gave me this cream, its realy thick iv got to use it 3 times a day, Iv been using it now for 2weeks and my skin is getting there, but i stopped when i went on holiday so now its allback:SWhat cream did u get giving of your doctor and did it work for you,cause im like 13, and its redhot the hottist summer we have ever had, and im stuck in leggins jeans & tights Its horrible seriously. Reply please,MLx
  • Please check out www.theaiam.com They are a virtual skin clinic they help with all different rare skin disorders! I had psoriasis all over my legs and tried so many lotions,creams,potions etc.. and nothing ever really worked!! I hated always being embarrassed by my skin and so worried about keeping it covered up just like the rest of you.. I was hesitant to them at first it seemed nothing would ever work but they were so friendly and helpful they just shipped me everything I needed and would call and check up on me so so worth it!!! I HIGHLY suggest them! :) Good Luck!
  • I have the same problem. My back of my legs are dry and scaly, haven't worn anything short in about 10 years. My doctor gave me ammonium lactate lotion $60 for 400grams. I've been using it for about a year with some results. I am hoping that eventually in the next couple of months I will be comfortable enough to bear skin...urrrrgh!!,
  • i have had the same problem my whole life, and my 8 yr old daughter has it as well however my 14 yr old son does not. So far the docs have had no answer for me. Have you found anything that works? Please let me know. My email is cissiebear@gmail.com thanksHiMy husband having same problem.i use olive oil(2 tblspoon) mix with lemon (half) and apply on leg every night (4 hours before going to bed) ,from first day i saw the result, skin look like normal , we are on process ,doing scrubing beside.its help a lot and expected to be fully clean n normal skin with in 30 days.Please try let us know the ur experience
  • Hi,I've looked through this whole thread, and i'm not sure if what I have is what yall have...My family moved to houston when I was 5. We had moved from Utah, where there were far less misquotes, so I didn't really know not to scratch the bites. Well I did, and I ended up scratching off the top layer of skin (unknowingly). It turned into a scab, which itched, so I would itch the area, scratching off the top layer of skin in spots around that area. Well all those then turned into their own scabs that itched! This process continued on until my legs from my knees down to my ankles were covered with little scabs that itched like crazy! To help the situation even more (not), I have a genetic skin disease called Epidermalysis Bullosa (webber coccaine, the least intense coccaine). Where basically, from what I understand about it, makes my skin heal incorrectly, making it weaker than the normal skin that I was born with. I still have the same problem today and I just turned 18 a few months ago, but now they aren't just scabs, the skin where the scabs were/are tries to heal, but leaves REALLY dry, scaley flakes that ITCH LIKE CRAZY!!! So when I scratch the itch, I usually scratch off the scab/ scaley skin till it starts to bleed because of the weakness of the skin. I have tried countless lotions, creams, prescribed anabolic steroids (which started to kind of work, but then I got staph, and staph feeds off of steroids, so I had to stop using it), nothing seems to work.I have tried ignoring the itching sensation, but since size of the surface area affected is quite large, It's almost impossible to ignore. The longest that I have been able to go is 1 1/2 days before I can't stand it anymore.If anyone can reccomend a ointment, lotion, medicine, anything!, I would really appreciate that.Thank You,Alex
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2011
    • 03:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,I've looked through this whole thread, and i'm not sure if what I have is what yall have...My family moved to houston when I was 5. We had moved from Utah, where there were far less misquotes, so I didn't really know not to scratch the bites. Well I did, and I ended up scratching off the top layer of skin (unknowingly). It turned into a scab, which itched, so I would itch the area, scratching off the top layer of skin in spots around that area. Well all those then turned into their own scabs that itched! This process continued on until my legs from my knees down to my ankles were covered with little scabs that itched like crazy! To help the situation even more (not), I have a genetic skin disease called Epidermalysis Bullosa (webber coccaine, the least intense coccaine). Where basically, from what I understand about it, makes my skin heal incorrectly, making it weaker than the normal skin that I was born with. I still have the same problem today and I just turned 18 a few months ago, but now they aren't just scabs, the skin where the scabs were/are tries to heal, but leaves REALLY dry, scaley flakes that ITCH LIKE CRAZY!!! So when I scratch the itch, I usually scratch off the scab/ scaley skin till it starts to bleed because of the weakness of the skin. I have tried countless lotions, creams, prescribed anabolic steroids (which started to kind of work, but then I got staph, and staph feeds off of steroids, so I had to stop using it), nothing seems to work.I have tried ignoring the itching sensation, but since size of the surface area affected is quite large, It's almost impossible to ignore. The longest that I have been able to go is 1 1/2 days before I can't stand it anymore.If anyone can reccomend a ointment, lotion, medicine, anything!, I would really appreciate that.Thank You,Alex
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2011
    • 04:00 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement