Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Small White Itchy Bumps on the Palms/Fingers

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 101 Replies
  • Posted By: Kris1526
  • April 18, 2007
  • 03:20 PM

Kris-21/Male/Milford

Recently ive moved in with my partner in the good ol town of milford delaware. Ever since moving in, i feel like im a walking disorder. First i encounter two fungal infections in a months time (Athlets Foot and Ringworm) and yesterday, only to wake up with small, white itchy bumps on my hands. I have not changed any of my daily routeins (Shower twice daily, hands are washed regularly from working in the hospital) and the sheets are changed weekly.

The bumps are randomly scattered around the hands on the palms and some on my fingers. They do not look like they are puss filled but some of them have sorta a clear color in the center of them (Centers are like a pin-****k size if not smaller). I was trying to take a pic with my macbook camera of them, but they are too small to capture. they are about the size a 16 gauge needle would make when piercing the skin.

I have heard everything under the sun what these could be, someone told me maybe syphillis when described to them, but from what i understand, syphillis does not itch, and is larger red bumps.

I am DESPERATE for answers right now, i have not gone to a doctor yet because i do not have health insurance now (hasnt been offered to me yet) so i would really love to see if i need to seek immediate medical attention or not before i spend hundreds paying for stuff thats unnecessary!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
:eek:

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • I have a similar problem but not quit as severe. My bumps on my hands and fingers are like little blisters and itch like heck. When popped they ooze water (or so I thought). I saw my doctor after the first break out and he prescribed Lotrisone. Pretty expensive cream even with insurance. Along with cortisone, it went away after a few days.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know these bumps well, I get them when I'm down physically and (most of all) emotionally. Ringworm and athlete's foot, same thing, they are everywhere and just require a compromised immune system. All of them represent irritation. See if you can remove some stress from your life.
  • I have a similar problem but not quit as severe. My bumps on my hands and fingers are like little blisters and itch like heck. When popped they ooze water (or so I thought). I saw my doctor after the first break out and he prescribed Lotrisone. Pretty expensive cream even with insurance. Along with cortisone, it went away after a few days.Hmm, maybe ill try that. Did they say what they were? Someone told me to look up Windslow, and its DEFINALTEY not hat by the look of the pictures (although google shows the worst in that situation possible). Isnt lotrisone over the counter?!?!
  • sounds like scabies to me. My dauthers had them when they were little and we didn't know what they were until a friend told us. You'll have to see the dr. to get medicine to get rid of it. Then you'll have to wash your sheets in really hot water and do a through cleaning as scabies lay eggs, and they spread. GOOD LUCK !
  • I know these bumps well, I get them when I'm down physically and (most of all) emotionally. Ringworm and athlete's foot, same thing, they are everywhere and just require a compromised immune system. All of them represent irritation. See if you can remove some stress from your life.Ugh, im always stressed! Maybe thats my issue. This isnt the first time one of these appeared. Ive saw one before, but just one. I picked it off immediatly thinking it was goin to turn into some big wart and it went away. But this time i picked one and i got kinda freaked out about it and kept thinking, omg, this one was in a different place, what if i got them all over, im going to get them all over my hands! And they were, a day or two later there they were, absolutely horriable! But you think they are just goin to go away by them selves if i dont worry about them?!
    Kris1526 7 Replies Flag this Response
  • No, I find they stay, while I'm stressed. You're "allergic to somebody" - could even be someone you love, but who is of a different kind. "Let go" of him or her, allow them freedom. Try to really see that stress is much extra work and a useless waste. Get a homoeopathic remedy against nervous tension, take it every half hour. If your job allows, lie down flat over lunch for 5 minutes, aware but relaxed. Find a peaceful tune you like and recall it wherever you go, instead of fretting. Make sure they are not the start of chicken pox etc. - probably not but check your body. (What a lot of rude commands.)
    Curly Stooge 319 Replies Flag this Response
  • sounds like scabies to me. My dauthers had them when they were little and we didn't know what they were until a friend told us. You'll have to see the dr. to get medicine to get rid of it. Then you'll have to wash your sheets in really hot water and do a through cleaning as scabies lay eggs, and they spread. GOOD LUCK !You See, i thought they were scabies (after reading what they looked like) but i dont think they are, they seem to be going away, i almost think its stress related like others have said. I get stressed out over NOTHING most of the time. But ill look into it! Thankx for your insite!:)
  • Hi. I had something similar several years ago, and the dr. said it was a type of wart. He "froze" them with a solution, and they have not come back, but I do have slight scars. It was a simple one-time procedure. Good luck.
    Sally B. 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. I had something similar several years ago, and the dr. said it was a type of wart. He "froze" them with a solution, and they have not come back, but I do have slight scars. It was a simple one-time procedure. Good luck.You know, i though about that before, but warts dont itch that bad, do they?! These look like they could have something in them. But when i dont think about them (like earlier) they do not itch, and i think they start to vanish!I think its all stress related! But ill look into that
  • The Bumps are Finally gone, but now they are patches of dry skin. Someone before had mentioned a fungal infection. DING DING DING! Tinea Manuum is exactly what it looks like now, although when it started out, it had NOOO appearance of a fungal infection. Thank you all that replied, VERY HELPFUL! Now all i have to worry about is gettin rid of it! Any Suggestions :D
  • My mother used to call them worry warts. I'm 47 and have had them off and on since I was a teen and always when I am stressed about something. They do have a bit of clear puss in them and itch when they are popped. They have not spread and usually show up on the sides of my fingers and occasionally on the palms of my hands. I find that if I leave them alone they clear up quickly.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• If you work in a hospital, go see the infection control nurse or a dermatologist. You don't want to be passing anything around to those patients.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello. Just something for u to think about but me and my dad were having the same little clear bumps come to find out it was ezema. If it is don't pop em cuz mine spread and got worse. But i do wear gloves when i wash dishes stuff like that don't keep em in water too long it will aggravate. Also, the doc will give ya some cortisone cream to help out. But may not be but sounds like it. Hope it helps.
    foxylovesred 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • I get these too....and also work in the hospital. On another site someone mentioned about going to an immunologist and they determined she was allergic to the latex backing on some carpet stuff she works with at her job. Mine had disappeared for awhile but after working a 12 yesterday and spending a large portion of the day in latex gloves......They are back! I'm kinda wondering if maybe the latex is what it is..... I'm gonna test this one out after they disappear again. I'm gonna try using non-latex gloves and see if this happens again.
  • Hey, I get the very same thing on my palms, fingers and feet. They are horrible but usually go away on their own after a week or so. The the top layer of skin then just peels away and they are gone. I find its usually worse on the feet but thankfully I haven't had it there for years.I use atheletes foot powder on my hands as soon as I see it starting. Just rub some in morning and night and you will notice they don't progress and just vanish after a few days. I don't know what they are but as the athletes foot powder does the job for me I can only assume its a fungal infection. I noticed someone else mention latex gloves. I used to work in a lab and wore them from time to time. I found it was more likely to occur after wearing them. Maybe something to do with the sweat from the hands providing better conditions for growth... I'm not sure.Anyhoo, try the foot powder. I rarely have trouble with it anymore :)
  • Did you check dermatitis hepataformis? (sp). It's caused by celiac, in some people.
  • Kristi,Did you every find out what it is that you have? Because I have them too.
  • Dyshidrosis. I'm pretty sure this is what you have. Not contagious or anything like that, but dont pop them because it leads to drying of the skin and eventually the skin cracks and you make it a lot harder on yourself.Hope this helps.
  • Kris, I did not see your last post until already starting to comment. Good you found the root cause. Yes they are a fungal infection. You can have the same type of blister sores on your heels and feet also. My brother and I grew up with them. Now you can go buy very expensive medications or you can try the less expensive medications first -- I learned this. Don't know where you live but I went to large store (Walmart) bought fungal treatments in the foot section sprays (liquid, powder, and cream, I hate the oily linoments). Depending on what treating: For feet will spray liquid and put sox on to sleep in. Put new sox on in morning with shoes. For hands can rub in cream during day, use powders too. I do know one lady that had little gloves and used the spray liquid and put on her little gloves. I try to buy which ever is cheaper. The fungal infection is a yeast infection so you can compare a price of a tube of monistate creme or such compared to foot creme. Yeah I know it is not manly to have such a cream around, but if the price is really different and you are wanting to save money. Just read the labels. There are 3 maybe four meds out there over the counter in the US. And for pete's sake blow off the microwave bit. At my age --well I had them as a youth in the country. As one doctor the other day told me. Don't look for a zebra first. Look for a horse. After you have definitely ruled out beyond all chances that it is not a horse, then look for the zebra. :D
    Abbydoodle 138 Replies Flag this Response
  • IT's Pompholyx
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement