Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Feces In The Urine

Posted In: Medical Stories 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 17, 2007
  • 07:39 PM

I Know Someone That Urinate Feces Instead Of Urine Coming From The Vagina What Could Be The Problem?

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• I don't think it's possible to urinate feces as the GI track and urinary track are totally separate. It sounds more like the person has a significant UT infection and is causing the urine to turn dark in colour and possibly have a different consistency or smell. They need to go to a doctor immediately if not an ER as it could signify a major kidney problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You're wrong I have the same problem. Feces comes from my urethra. It is sometimes very painful, somewhat like a kidney stone.
  • Could it be caused by a fistula.A tear high up in the lining between the anus and vagina.I have read about this.
    chrismia 159 Replies Flag this Response
  • My Aunt had this exact thing and it was a tear, she had a surgery to repair it and was home in a couple days. Go to your ob/gyn or urologist- but I think you will end up at the ob/gyn. You'll be ok
  • Sounds like a colovesical fistula. This is an abnormal connection between a section of your large intestine and your bladder.
  • I just had a vaginal hysterectomy and urinary incontinence. A day after being sent home, I began to pass gas from my urethra as well as with my first bowel movement feces also came through my urethra. My first thought was some how there was cross-contamination some how. But with it began to leak whether I had a BM or not. I was beginning to burn when I urinated, I called my doctor and was told that this was all normal. On thanksgiving evening I ended up in the ER with pain only to be told, they couldnt find anything and that all is well post-surgery, and they sent me on my merry way. My doctor called me on friday morning to see how I was doing and I told him again what was going on with me, so he didnt know and I have an appointment in the morning. My question is has anyone ever came a cross anything like this, not being a doctor and not knowing that much I am baffled. I know that there is no way that is possible but it is happening and I need to know why. I told my husband, I feel as though my colon has been attached to my bladder some how, as crazy as that sounds.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2010
    • 01:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just had a vaginal hysterectomy and urinary incontinence. A day after being sent home, I began to pass gas from my urethra as well as with my first bowel movement feces also came through my urethra. My first thought was some how there was cross-contamination some how. But with it began to leak whether I had a BM or not. I was beginning to burn when I urinated, I called my doctor and was told that this was all normal. On thanksgiving evening I ended up in the ER with pain only to be told, they couldnt find anything and that all is well post-surgery, and they sent me on my merry way. My doctor called me on friday morning to see how I was doing and I told him again what was going on with me, so he didnt know and I have an appointment in the morning. My question is has anyone ever came a cross anything like this, not being a doctor and not knowing that much I am baffled. I know that there is no way that is possible but it is happening and I need to know why. I told my husband, I feel as though my colon has been attached to my bladder some how, as crazy as that sounds.This is definitely possible, fistula between the bowel and bladder can often happen as a complication of crohn's disease, but if you just had a historectomy it could also be caused by an infection forming an abscess and "tunneling" between the two, or simply the trauma of the surgery causing a perforation. Any of these could be quite serious and if there was really feces in your urine you need to figure out why.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2010
    • 05:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This can happen andn in fact is happening to my mother as we speak. The doctors believe that there is a tear between the colon and the bladder. This is definitely possible, fistula between the bowel and bladder can often happen as a complication of crohn's disease, but if you just had a historectomy it could also be caused by an infection forming an abscess and "tunneling" between the two, or simply the trauma of the surgery causing a perforation. Any of these could be quite serious and if there was really feces in your urine you need to figure out why.
  • I Know Someone That Urinate Feces Instead Of Urine Coming From The Vagina What Could Be The Problem?Yes it is possible and may due to a fistula. Anyone suspecting this problem should be seen by their physician as soon as possible.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement