Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Pain under left shoulder blade

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 14, 2007
  • 01:54 PM

Hello i found this site while searching on google. Anyway so I woke up a few days ago and was fine. I walked out the front door and all of a sudden felt a really hot burning sorta pain that feels deep inside me just under my left shoulder blade. Can't feel it by the touch. It was to the point where it really hurt to take a deep breathe. I didn't strain at all. Just happened all of a sudden?? I drove to the pharmacy and took some pain killer and during the day the pain slowly subsided but I could still definatly feel it there. Didn't by any means feel ALOT better. The next day i woke up in pain in the same area so bad again that it hurt to take deep breathes.. woke me up at 4am and couldn't sleep. Anyway as mentioned the pain is a kinda hot pain that feels like it is in 1 area directly under my left shoulder blade. The pain feels a TINY BIT better when I move to certain positions but doesn't help much. My posture isn't very good if that helps at all. Sometiems i get mid back pain which also wakes me up. Depends on how firm the bed is though i think. anyone with similar a similar problem or know what this might be? thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• also it feels like the pain spreads to my left shoulder and my left arm feels weak like i dont want to really use it. Also I can feel it slightly in my chest when I take a deep breathe too
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You need to see your physician! Could be heart related!!!
  • also it feels like the pain spreads to my left shoulder and my left arm feels weak like i dont want to really use it. Also i can feel it slightly in my chest when i take a deep breathe toolast night i went to bed just fine..because im pregnant i toss and turn all night (5mths) so when my husband had said maybe i slept wrong, i knew it was no the case. I get up constantly to use the restroom, so this particular time i got up and it hurt like ***l to sit up in the bed, i couldnt breath, i broke out in immediate sweat all over my body, i was walking like frankenstein to the living room where my husband fell asleep playing the 360...i thought i was gonna pass out at anytime, couldnt stand up straight. He literally put me back in bed when i laid on my right side or back with pressure i went in and out of blackouts...had to lay on my left side just to relieve the pain and pressure to breath..it felt like my chest cavity was caven in... I slept like that the whole night..this morning i told him i couldnt move if this continues i would need to go the er...heating pad helped alot!!!! Pain is still there in the lower left shoulder blade but im able to walk straight up and not have blackouts from the pressure. Again i work at a desk all day, two monitors, and i have great posture i sit up all day straight all day..im very scared because im pregnant that something is wrong ...any suggestions
  • last oct 2009 i got the swine flue and got the shoulder blade pain but mine makes my arm pain especially in my elbow, my hand goes numb and my hand either goes numb too or it is in pain. Now I have seen my doctor about it and she did x-rays and an MIR on it finding nothing. When \i breath in my back of my shoulder blade feels like knives going though my back. The doctor said it is a side effect of the flue, but i know people who have had it and they have no side effects from it.I am going to a different doctor soon and hopefully he can figure this out because I can,t take this any longer. Thanks for listening and I will update with new doctors diagnosis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 9, 2010
    • 05:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing, but it is under my RIGHT shoulder blade. Not sure what it is or don"t have any advice but it feels like when you sleep wrong and you wake up to an aching back. Of course I am 2 Weeks PAST my due date.........LOL so I am not sure what it could be. ????? Maybe my matress???? It JUST started last night. Not any other time. I have never had it before. Well at least during pregnancy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 12, 2010
    • 10:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I think you need to contact your OBGYN or go to the emergency room ! Don't play "wait and see " with both your lives !! last night i went to bed just fine..because im pregnant i toss and turn all night (5mths) so when my husband had said maybe i slept wrong, i knew it was no the case. I get up constantly to use the restroom, so this particular time i got up and it hurt like ***l to sit up in the bed, i couldnt breath, i broke out in immediate sweat all over my body, i was walking like frankenstein to the living room where my husband fell asleep playing the 360...i thought i was gonna pass out at anytime, couldnt stand up straight. He literally put me back in bed when i laid on my right side or back with pressure i went in and out of blackouts...had to lay on my left side just to relieve the pain and pressure to breath..it felt like my chest cavity was caven in... I slept like that the whole night..this morning i told him i couldnt move if this continues i would need to go the er...heating pad helped alot!!!! Pain is still there in the lower left shoulder blade but im able to walk straight up and not have blackouts from the pressure. Again i work at a desk all day, two monitors, and i have great posture i sit up all day straight all day..im very scared because im pregnant that something is wrong ...any suggestions
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 17, 2010
    • 03:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello i found this site while searching on google. Anyway so I woke up a few days ago and was fine. I walked out the front door and all of a sudden felt a really hot burning sorta pain that feels deep inside me just under my left shoulder blade. Can't feel it by the touch. It was to the point where it really hurt to take a deep breathe. I didn't strain at all. Just happened all of a sudden?? I drove to the pharmacy and took some pain killer and during the day the pain slowly subsided but I could still definatly feel it there. Didn't by any means feel ALOT better. The next day i woke up in pain in the same area so bad again that it hurt to take deep breathes.. woke me up at 4am and couldn't sleep. Anyway as mentioned the pain is a kinda hot pain that feels like it is in 1 area directly under my left shoulder blade. The pain feels a TINY BIT better when I move to certain positions but doesn't help much. My posture isn't very good if that helps at all. Sometiems i get mid back pain which also wakes me up. Depends on how firm the bed is though i think. anyone with similar a similar problem or know what this might be? thanks!I also experience pain deep in my left shoulder blade. Different positions help...When I stand for a long time it hurts the worst. I have also started getting headaches on the left side of my head that are almost unbareable. I dont know what to do, people have a suggested a chiropractor. Maybe it's a pinched nerve? who knows but I cant live like this!!
  • I have the same symptoms as almost everyone here. I went to both my primary dr. and the orthopedic dr. The orthopedic said I have cervical kyphosis which means my neck is facing the wrong way. He put he me on a steroid and had me buy a special pillow. It has not helped. I dont think it is my neck. It does hurt to look down like its pulling to much.
  • Pleuritis (pleurisy): Inflammation of the lining of the lungs which I have always had behind my shoulder blade
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement