Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

"ammonia" type smell when breathing....

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 12, 2007
  • 11:06 PM

Sometimes ( there is no rhyme or reason to it ) I get a strong "ammonia" type smell when I breathe in....I can rule out household cleaners as a cause- I do not have any pets- and I do not work out or sweat excessively. I'm thinking it's time to see the doctor, but I admit I am hesitant. I'm always afraid of that "look" you get when you describe your problem and they look at you like your either crazy or your someone who is looking for attention and/or overreacting.. I may just ask him to do a mini physical on me and ask to have blood work done since it has been over a year since I have had any bloodwork. Is a "standard" bloodwork order good enough or can I/should I suggest some things I would like checked?? Any doctors out there let me know your opinions. I hate to think the worst with everything and I don't want to overreact, but I think I should go get a check up to be on the safe side. I go on the internet often and I psych myself into a panic. I have a family history of diabetes, kidney & liver issues so should I suggest some other test rather than your standard bloodwork? Any help from anyone would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement