Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

ear pressure, is this normal?

• Posted By: petalflower
  • April 12, 2007
  • 09:24 PM

I recently moved to colorado, which is like 5000ft,I used to live at sea level in england, I had no problem on the plane in terms of pressure which normally I do, once settled in colorado my boyfriend takes me up to drive into the mountains, to about 9000ft, I need to pop my ears like ***l every 5 minuets as we are going along or pressure builds up and gives me great pain that wont go away, my boyfriend doesn't seem to have this problem at all.
When I came down from the mountains in the weekend, I couldn't pop my ears and so the pressure was stuck, my boyfriend didn't even understand what I was talking about (anyone with ear trouble will) but it took two days at the bottom of the mountains before my ears popped and my hearing/pressure returned to normal.
It drives me insane and I dread going up to the mountains, has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Will it get better the more and more I have to go up/down the ***n mountains?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• hah, check out my posts here, colorado, go figure http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?p=37785#post37785
    Temperate 35 Replies Flag this Response
  • So glad to hear i'm not the only one who has this! I thought I was going crazy or something!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hah, no kidding XD
    Temperate 35 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement