Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

ear pressure, is this normal?

• Posted By: petalflower
  • April 12, 2007
  • 09:24 PM

I recently moved to colorado, which is like 5000ft,I used to live at sea level in england, I had no problem on the plane in terms of pressure which normally I do, once settled in colorado my boyfriend takes me up to drive into the mountains, to about 9000ft, I need to pop my ears like ***l every 5 minuets as we are going along or pressure builds up and gives me great pain that wont go away, my boyfriend doesn't seem to have this problem at all.
When I came down from the mountains in the weekend, I couldn't pop my ears and so the pressure was stuck, my boyfriend didn't even understand what I was talking about (anyone with ear trouble will) but it took two days at the bottom of the mountains before my ears popped and my hearing/pressure returned to normal.
It drives me insane and I dread going up to the mountains, has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Will it get better the more and more I have to go up/down the ***n mountains?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• hah, check out my posts here, colorado, go figure http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?p=37785#post37785
    Temperate 35 Replies Flag this Response
  • So glad to hear i'm not the only one who has this! I thought I was going crazy or something!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hah, no kidding XD
    Temperate 35 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement