Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Armpit Rash

Posted In: Skin conditions 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 9, 2007
  • 08:12 PM

I seem to have some type of armpit rash, and it's really red and sore. What can I use to help the rash go away?
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• did you find a solution? I woke up with the same thing this morning. It is fairly painful and red. its just under one arm. I've been using the same deodorant for a long time, so i doubt its related to that. any help would be appreciated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had a rash under both arms, and also on my back; all along the bra line. It is very red, itchy, and burns. I also have been getting blisters that break then scab. Have been to several doctors, cant figure out whats wrong. Any suggestions????
  • I have really bad red dry patches under one armpit. they get sorta irritated bother me
  • Scabbing blisters (bra line post) may be shingles, but your Doctor must have ruled that out already?General rash advice (if skin is sore and itchy but unbroken)- wash with mild cleansers only, use an anti-dandruff shampoo instead of soap and when drying dab gently don't rub, then moisturise. Use a medicinal moisturiser.
  • try changing your laundry soap to something like 'All Free & Clear' or 'Ivory Snow' & don't use dryer sheets or fabric softener. This helped me a lot. Also, you can see your doctor for a lotion/creme to help.
  • I have this same rash, have had it for about a month. Anymore information on it would be great.
    omahskrfan 2 Replies
    • November 18, 2008
    • 01:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I seem to have some type of armpit rash, and it's really red and sore. What can I use to help the rash go away?ThanksStop using underarm deodorant for 2 or 3 days and see if the armpits are less rashy. I did this and it solved it 99%. As for smelling:Would you rather smell or be pain free?Just use some extra cologne.Be sure to let ME know how this works for you sir.:)
    axelrose 66 Replies
    • November 22, 2008
    • 03:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i went to the doctor and they said that i have a bacterial infection. they gave me an antibiotic and monistat type medicine
    omahskrfan 2 Replies
    • November 22, 2008
    • 02:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i went to the doctor and they said that i have a bacterial infection. They gave me an antibiotic and monistat type medicinefantastic!
    axelrose 66 Replies
    • November 22, 2008
    • 04:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Change deodorant!!! I got the horrible, burning, red armpit when I switched from Arrid Xtra Dry to Axe....happened years ago with some other roll one time (right guard). I went back to Arrid and the rash went away after 2 days. It's the deodorant!!!
  • Have you considered shingles? That's what mine turned out to be. A painful sprinkling of blisters or pimples along my underarm, some in tight clusters. Apparently, it's appearing in younger people more and more often because of stress, bad sleep, bad diet, and other ways we weaken our immune systems. Bleh.
    spiritualfarmer 1 Replies
    • August 26, 2011
    • 07:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement