Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

pain near ear & parotid gland and temporal area

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 9, 2007
  • 04:57 PM

plzzz plzz plzz help

I have pain near parotid areas and front and behind the ear and also some pain in temporal area. pain area makes like a big circle around the ear... it's on right side ... some time it gets more pain.. i have taken an x-ray of that part,, some doctor say that it's bcz of a scar in ear and they say that scar is like pimple.. and some doctor says that i's bcz of joints infection.. i have tried alot of pills and syrups and injections but no way..

pllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helpppppppp
plzzz help

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Could be that inflammation is causing the problem, maybe from an infection and/or allergies. Perhaps it's a bizarre migraine headache. Is the pain emanating from within the ear or simply around it, any abnormal swelling?You may also have TMJ, a joint (jaw) disorder. Do you grind or clench your teeth at night?...usually can be diagnosed by a dentist.For allergies and inflammation you can try nettles, oregano oil, omega oils (EFA's), as well as tumeric. Each of these is available at a good health food store- Whole Foods, Clarks, etc....good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You might want a CT or MRI to check for anything more significant, even brain-related. It's possible that "scar" could be something more and it might be the reason for your problems.
  • I went to a second ENT TODAY for the same exact problem that I have had for 1.5 years which my primary care and first ENT blamed on fluid in my inner ear. I have pain in the ear and all around the outside of the ear in a circle just like you. This doctor said that it is muscular. He said I have strained the muscle below my ear either from stress, TMJ which I don't have, sleeping with my teeth clenched causing the muscle strain (which was his guess)...or from somehow straining my neck. He suggested a mouthgard to wear at night. I don't think I clench my teeth but maybe I do. He also suggested massages might help but who can afford to keep getting those.I think he might be correct about the muscle...it is located just below the ear...I didn't tell him until he finished talking to me that two weeks ago I felt like I had a pinched nerve in my neck and went to a massage therapist to help me. I never said anything about ear pain to her or the pain radiating up to my ear because I thought they were separate issues. While she was working near that ear she asked me if I had ear pain and I asked her why she asked. She said that the muscle there was very tight and hard and usually people with this have TMJ or ear pain! So, I am hoping I have found the cause of the ear pain but now need to figure out what is causing the muscle strain. I am going to buy a new pillow and see if that has any effect because I have been thinking about replacing it anyway. Maybe your problem is also muscular....I sleep on my side most nights but do alternate sides but have the pain only on one side. GoodLuck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2009
    • 00:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Parotid glands can get stones in them which are very painful ...or .....once I had a blister in front of the ear drum which was called bullous myringitis. OW!
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • February 21, 2009
    • 09:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Try asking your doctor about Trigeminal neuraligia, I have the same pain ,its periodic and mostly occurs at night when I sleep on my right side and put pressure on my right ear.4 doctors, hearing test, mouth guard and am now on a nerve blocking med. Dr said if all symptoms go away in 5 days on this drug then we know thats what it is. plzzz plzz plzz help I have pain near parotid areas and front and behind the ear and also some pain in temporal area. pain area makes like a big circle around the ear... it's on right side ... some time it gets more pain.. i have taken an x-ray of that part,, some doctor say that it's bcz of a scar in ear and they say that scar is like pimple.. and some doctor says that i's bcz of joints infection.. i have tried alot of pills and syrups and injections but no way..pllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppplzzz help
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement