Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Old clavicle (collarbone) injury causing chronic pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 7, 2007
  • 04:34 AM

I broke my left collarbone when I was 8 years old. I'm now 19 and up until last year it never bothered me. Then I began to experience an occassional discomfort in that area, and now that discomfort has intensified and is constant.

I feel it most around the area where the bone was fractured, but it's not a sharp pain - it's spread out all along the collarbone and even up my neck. It hurts all the time, and while most of the time it's tolerable and sometimes even unnoticeable, other times it becomes extremely uncomfortable and nothing I do can soothe it. I haven't tried taking medication (not even Advil or Tylenol or anything like that).

The area is also very sensitive and becomes further agitated whenever anything is touching it, which makes even wearing a shirt difficult. The collars on Polos are the worst.

My doctor can't explain it - x-rays come back normal. I've heard of a few people who have had the same experience while their wisdom teeth were coming in. Mine happen to be, and I'm going to have them removed soon, but I dont know if there's any real connection between the two.

I just want to know what's going on. It almost feels like nerve damage but I've been told that's extremely unlikely. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement