Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Wake up early - World spinning

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 6, 2007
  • 07:27 PM

Every since I was little I would have this happen on average about once every year or so. I'm now 32 and it still occassionally happens.

The general routine is this... I wake up very early (from 3 to 6am usually), the world is spinning out of control and I'm beyond nauseous. Usually have to sprint to the bathroom to throw up.

After that, I no longer have the spins anymore at all. Throwing up helps much of the nausea go away and I feel better for a few minutes. Then the nausea creeps back in and after half an hour or so I can't take it and I'll go force myself to throw up again (which again helps w/the nausea).

Sitting up in bed or watching some TV helps... laying down is a good way to make myself nauseous again quickly. This continues usually for about 6 hours, give or take a few. Generally within 8 or so hours I feel as if nothing ever happened and I was never sick.

I used to think that this was caused by an average flu, but I'm really thinking now that it has something to do with my inner ear or balance or something. It's like waking up very sea-sick.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing happening to other people? I have searched around on the NET but have yet to find anything.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Take care

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement