Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Miserable after giving birth......dizzy, lightheaded, short of breath

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Momoftwins
  • April 4, 2007
  • 11:50 PM

I am 30 years old and gave birth to twins on 6/14/06. I lost over 1000 cc's of blood during delivery. I never started feeling 100% after. On 8/15 I started hemmoraging and went to the ER and they found 2 large (7 cm X 7 cm) pieces of retained placenta. I had no infection but lost over 60 cc's of blood. They told me that I was lucky to be alive. The next day I had a DNC and thats when the problems started. While I was in recovery they couldn't get my blood pressure to stabilize. It was 60/30 - 70/20 - 80/40. Finally it came up to 90/50 and they took me back to my room. After that I was extremely dizzy when standing and they said it was from the blood loss. They wanted to do a transfusion but I refused. They kept me for a week running tests. I had an ECG, Echo, hromone level tests which showed my cortisol level as 1.4. They did an MRI that showed a dark spot on my pituitary. They thought I had Shee Hans Syndrome. I went to an endocrinologist and had every hormone test done. All came back normal. They determined that I have a Micro Adenoma on my pituitary but it is of no concern. I had an inner ear test - normal. My symptoms started getting better until Sept 20. 06. I stood up and got extremely dizzy and blacked out. My ears were ringing, my head was pounding, and my heart was racing. My blood pressure was 62/43. I went to the ER and my BP was fine my blood work was normal so they sent me home. I let it go again until I had another spell but worse - I was short of breath and had chest pain. In January 07 I felt really dizzy and all the same symptoms again except my BP was 130/115 and 150/105. I went to the ER and thought I was having a heart attack. I have been to a cardiologist and had an ECG, Echo and a 48 hour Holter Monitor. The Echo showed mild regurgitation and leakage but they said it is of no concern. I am scheduled for a Stress Test and electrical studies of the heart. I have a hard time doing anything - going up steps or picking up one of my babies. My heart goes crazy 100-180 bpm with any activity. Does anyone have any ideas? I am miserable and need to be in better condition to take care of my babies!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement