Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sporadic dizziness/disorientation/nausea

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 31, 2007
  • 05:11 PM

Hoping to find some explanation for a weird constellation of symptoms that I've been having for the past 6-8 weeks.

It's very hard to describe. For a few minutes at a time, I feel totally confused/disoriented from reality. This is followed by waves of nausea that sometimes force me to sit or lie down quickly, because I'm afraid I'll faint.

The disconnection from reality is very hard to describe--I feel like I "flash" into a dream state. The best I can say is, imagine that suddenly you find yourself on Sesame Street or some other totally surreal setting, and yet it not only seems normal, but you feel like you've been there your whole life. It's as though I'm suddenly "living in" a memory of a dream.

I know that makes no sense, but that's the best I can do.

I've seen my face in a mirror during these episodes and I get very, very pale.

Anybody? Anybody?

I wouldn't even know what to tell a doctor. It's not like I can predict the episodes. It's only happened once while I'm driving, and I'm able to keep the car on the road (thank heavens), but it's really freaking me out.

40, F, drinker, light smoker, no regular meds

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I just found this thread. The exact same thing happens to me. I've gotten these for about 18 years. You describe what happens exactly. Did you ever find out what it is?
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 12, 2014
    • 08:27 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement