Discussions By Condition: Nose conditions

A problem with snot going down back of throat:

Posted In: Nose conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 31, 2007
  • 02:49 AM

For the past couple of weeks; right after I sneeze...I can feel a big wad of snot going down my throat from the back of my upper sinus cavities...or other times I wont be doing anything--and I can feel and taste it going down my throat. When I blow my nose though hardly anything comes out. Also, for a long time now there,s always a little bit of blood everytime I blow. Could anyone tell me whhhat I may have?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I'm sorry that I can't help with your problem, but my daughter has the same problem so I'm hoping for an answer.
    dozeymare 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Rhinitis and or Sinusitis could be the problem you are having. I have the same issues, its constant and annoying. They do have medications that help, if you can taste it going down your throat, sounds like you have an infection to me. Antibiotics are probably needed.For rhinitis, meds like flonase or nasonex can be helpful.Best advice, see your family Dr. As EvErCat
    kitcat48 80 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thankyou, my daughter did give up and go to the Dr he said he could be a mixture of hayfever and a cold ? He has given her a ( beconase) nasal spray but has told her it could take 3 weeks to work.:confused:
    dozeymare 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • If this is an ongoing/long term problem - try using a Neti Pot.I've had sinus problems for years (hereditary) and when I get a cold snot problems can hang on for weeks. Using a Neti Pot really helps! OK, so it's tricky to get to grips with - and a bit messy at times (you are rinsing snot out of your sinuses!) - but once you get the hang of it it's brilliant! You have to persevere, and try and make it part of a routine, but it's a fantastic non-chemical way of clearing the sinus and reducing snot problems!Available on-line/in various medical stores. Instructions should be included.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 25, 2010
    • 09:52 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement