Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tender spot on the top of my head

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: kmckeague
  • March 30, 2007
  • 10:33 PM

All of a sudden I have a very tender spot on the top of my head, to the left of center (my left). My partner looked at it and said nothing was out of the ordinary, no redness, no bump. A Television fell on my head about three years ago, hit me pretty hard and as luck would have it, a window slid down on it shortly thereafter. When it rains it pours. Anyway, could this tender spot be a result of that? I never had my head checked after the injuries. Could I have cracked my skull? I hadn't noticed it until recently, although who knows how long it has been tender. It hurts to press on, and when I do, it my head aches a little. Unlike others, I do not typically have migranes, and am not having them now, just the tenderness. I am HIV positive as well, if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• After a major blow to the head (not unlike what you had!), it is quite possible for the bone to change shape. I suppose it's also possible you could have cracked/damaged your skull and so there is a tender spot now. On the other hand, being HIV positive can put you at risk for some things as well. It would be a good idea to ask for a CT Scan and/or MRI of your head to make sure it isn't something major. Most likely though, it's probably from the repeated injury to that location.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement