Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

arachnoid cyst

Posted In: Brain conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: spidercystman
  • March 27, 2007
  • 02:58 AM

Hi im 21 and a few months ago i was diagnosed with a arachnoid cyst in the posterior fossa messuring 3.1 x 3.3 cm. ive gone to three doctors who all say the same thing, that its not causing any promblems. so instead of removing it they have done repeative tests on me trying to figure out the cause of my problems. i have been put on 5 different drugs in the past 6 months with very little help. there wasnt much positive effects to the drugs. they have had my on pain relivers, muscle relaxers, blood pressure meds to try to relive the headaches, and two types of anti-depressants. i have done countless web searches and all i find in controversy among the medical feild. most doctors will say dont worry about it most people have "lived" with these things all their lives. but most of the research ive done shows common sympotoms and strange unexpalinable ones too. i fortunalty dont have seizures but i have all the other symptoms. it is really hard to explain to the doctors the way i feel and the things i have noticed over the past years concerning my own well being and mental health. my question is if this thing doesnt cause problems then why are so many people with arachnoid cyst complaining about these symptoms? why isnt it noticed? if this has been with me since life isnt shouldnt there be some kind of study concerning the behavior of the childhood instead of focusing on the what is happening right now? arnt there more people out there that have noticed this and why isnt anything being done about it?i would rather risk surgury then be pumped rull of pills that do **** for me. unless someone can prove me wrong about this. thank you for your time who ever reads this please reply if you have any comment or questions.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement