Discussions By Condition: Fibromyalgia

I need a diagnosis

Posted In: Fibromyalgia 0 Replies
  • Posted By: rlshahan
  • March 25, 2007
  • 07:39 PM

I need to know what is wrong with me. It sounds like Fibro, but I need to be sure. I don't want to just treat the symptoms. I want to know what's causing my problems. Can anyone help or has anyone had anything similar. I had hyperthyroid yrs ago. They gave me Radioactive Iodine to destroy the thyriod, so of course I went hypothyroid. That's when all the pain and stiffness started. I've had pain and stiff joints for 4 yrs, but have managed with 1 or 2 bad flare ups. I ended up last yr with Thyroid eyes, the bulging, drooping, tearing, swelling, etc. I had to take Steroids for 6 mths. I felt great when i was on them. I had no Fibro symptoms, but then I started with bad side effects from steroids (like Cushiongs). I'm off them now. all my symptoms of Fibro are back and worse than ever. I'm on Levothyroxine and my levels are normal. Hepatitis is neg. Sed rate is normal. I was in perfect health until 4 yrs ago. I'm 47, but went through menopause at 40 so it's not that. Now, I am very fatigued, short term memory problems, constant joint pain and stiffness, hand numbness, burning muscle pain with little exertion, skin on feet, knees, and elbows look like dried hide, lost all the hair on my legs, headaches, Both arms fall completely asleep at night and wake me up with pain. I can't get enough sleep. I wake up exhausted. Sleep study just showed ineffective sleep (go figure). I wake up and am falling asleep within 3 hrs. I have no ambition to do anything. It hurts to go up steps or keep any position for more than 15 minutes. I have gained 30 pds in 3 yrs. I'm now very depressed and need some help. Appreciate anyone's comments

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement