Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Open Sore on Buttocks

Posted In: Skin conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 24, 2007
  • 05:33 PM

Periodically, I get an open sore on my left butt cheek. Always in the same spot. Starts as a red welt, turns into a bunch of fluid filled little bumps that looks like poison ivy, and then finally is an open sore. Hurts and itches!!!! What is this? Help.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• I am no expert by any means and don't want to scare you but a close person to me gets these sort of lesions in that area and it took a long time for the doc to figure out that it was herpes. The best thing to do is get it checked out from a doc who will do tests to see exactly what it is before taking advice on any board. I would come here for support, but not a diagnosis. I'm sure that you could also find some pic's online too. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Sounds like the same thing which I have been getting for 12 or 13 years. The sore seems to appear at times of stress or when I eat a lot of garlic. I have always thought that it was herpes related or that it had something to do with C Hepatitis and a liver problem. I usually find that it goes away with cortisone ointment in a week or so. I seem to get the sore about 3 times a year.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 04:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like the same thing which I have been getting for 12 or 13 years. The sore seems to appear at times of stress or when I eat a lot of garlic. I have always thought that it was herpes related or that it had something to do with C Hepatitis and a liver problem. I usually find that it goes away with cortisone ointment in a week or so. I seem to get the sore about 3 times a year.I get these sores periodiclly. My doctor diagnosed them as herpes. He prescribed "Aclovire" (sp). I take 5 capsules a day and the sores clear up in about 5 days.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2010
    • 07:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get these sores periodiclly. My doctor diagnosed them as herpes. He prescribed "Aclovire" (sp). I take 5 capsules a day and the sores clear up in about 5 days.I agree with above poster, you can also get Aciclovir as a cream over the counter to clear up cold sores as it is the same herpes virus causing it. Just ask for Zovirax.
  • I agree with above poster, you can also get Aciclovir as a cream over the counter to clear up cold sores as it is the same herpes virus causing it. Just ask for Zovirax.Mine seem to flare up with stress or when I eat too much candy. But now that I have been using it, they always go away when I take Valtrex. I start the Valtrex when I feel that peculiar shingles-like pain, and they no longer erupt into those awful itchy hurts. Good luck!
  • Yes, this is a type of the herpes virus. It is the equivilant to the virus that causes cold sores on the mouth. It is NOT the sexually transmitted disease type of herpes, although having sexual contact during an outbreak can cause this virus to spread. The virus lays dormant in your body and comes out during times of stress, exposure to sun (sunburn), etc. I saw a dermatologist for this problem and was prescribed acyclovir for it. Take it as soon as you feel the beginning symptoms of an outbreak such as sore legs, muscles and it might prevent it from coming out completely in blister form.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement