Discussions By Condition: Lung cancer

gel-like balls in sputum-what is it?

Posted In: Lung cancer 0 Replies
  • Posted By: nosmartyr
  • March 23, 2007
  • 03:43 AM

I came down with a severe case of bronchitis in Oct 2006 and have yet to shake these symptoms. I cough up large amounts of clear sputum every morning. It has balls in it like tapioca ball or etwas. The balls sometimes can be broken open and I can see what looks like a tiny drop of blood within it. Sometimes I cough up blood. My nose is clear and not bleeding that I can see. When I take a deep breath it feels like I'm still not getting enough air, but my abdomin feels inflated. Why on earth would air I'm breathing in go to my ab area? The sputum is clear, slimy, shiny, no odor, no taste. More and more often I'll just be sitting here, not coughing, and a huge hunk of stuff just enters my mouth. I'm hoarse and out of breath all the time. There's a whole lot going wrong with me right now. Click my name to read all my other posts. The beyond desperate with baffling symptoms is related to my chronic ab pain, but i have pressure headaches and vertigo too. I'm wondering if i have cancer somewhere and it's just spreading, cuz I've only gotten worse in these past 4 months. I'm in a wheelchair now and Im still beyond desperate for help, by the by. thanx for any help.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement