Discussions By Condition: General well-being

tired all the time, night sweats and more!

Posted In: General well-being 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 18, 2007
  • 07:49 AM

i am so sick of being tired ALL of the time, I wake up tired, the first thing i do when i wake up is yawn my head off, i swear i spend most of my day yawning! i find it really hard to get to sleep at night- usually takes me 3 hours at least which is just ridiculous and constantly wake up during the night. I also have zero energy, am having night sweats, lower back and hip pain, pain under my ribs on my left side, constant headaches, dizziness, sweaty hands, tingles in my arms and legs and rash. what could be wrong?

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• Night sweats ad rashes could be Lyme disease and /or a co infection. Checkout this site lymenet.org
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • This could actually be a number of things to be honest,do not take too much in when you search all these symptoms as so many illnesses give same symptoms,if you are clear from tests with doctors,you may be suffering with an overload of candida(systemic candida)this gives lots of symptoms you describe,i am no doctor but have been fighting this bleeder for 10 yrs due to too many antibiotics,it is a pain to get rid of but the best bet,IF ALL TESTS ARE CLEAR,IS TO SEEK HELP MAYBE FROM A GOOD RECOMMENDED nutritionist to help with diet,supplements and advice,it causes chronic fatigue syndrome which with diet changes does improve energy eventually,if this is what you MAY have you will need to be very patient and strong,as the diet is difficult,look at this site,i personally think its the most informative,davince natural health center,then click candida,just see what you think,as we all need to advise each other,when the docs think we have lost our minds.GOOD LUCK IN GETTING WELL AGAIN
  • I had chronic fatigue for 15+ years before I found out, a year ago, that it was caused by sleep apnea. My symptoms included many of the ones you describe: extreme fatigue, waking up as tired as when I went to bed, waking up every 1-1/2 to 2 hours during the night, often unable to sleep more than 5 hours a night, and night sweats so bad that I often had to change my sleeping clothes in the middle of the night. I also had hip pain -- bursitis -- but that wasn't directly related to my apnea; it was because I sleep on my sides. I didn't have the other symptoms you list: lower back pain, rib pain, headaches, dizziness, sweaty hands, tingling, or rashes. I also had brain fog (trouble thinking) and emotional dullness, which you didn't mention.So although only some of my symptoms match yours, it's enough of a match that you might look into sleep apnea or some other sleep disturbance. You might have multiple conditions causing your symptoms.My best wishes to you!
    AmateurHistorian 74 Replies Flag this Response
  • most of your symptoms are consistant with thyroid dysfunction
  • for my 35 y/o daughter, it was diagnosed as testosterone and DHEA imbalance. Started injection and oral meds therapy 90 days ago and says that for the first time in 7 yrs she feels good. Still sleeps alot, but feels much better during the day. Meds are closely monitored and adjusted.
  • thyroid dysfunction is one of the most underdiagnosed and undertreated health problems there is because it controls how every cell in your body works(it can be likened to the microchip that runs the computer) if the thyroid is out of wack so is everything else and the symptoms are so varied that often people are treated for their symptoms not the cause.some of the more common symptoms are fatigue,sleep issues ,weight gain/loss depression, bipolar, sweats, shakes,digestion problems , the list goes on and on.the thyroid hormone is intricately tied in with all hormones creating inbalances there too.....the thyroid is complex and there is a lot of confusion even amongst the professionals , even so I think thyroid dysfunction should be one of the first things to be elemented as the cause of illness especially when the symptoms are many & sometimes vague
  • Except for the rash, I have all your symptoms (plus a few more like sensitivity to cold). I've been tested for thyroid and hormonal problems multiple times and nothing ever shows up. If you find out any more about your condition, please post it here cuz I'm so tired of feeling ill but being told by doctors that there's nothing wrong.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2008
    • 00:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have a friend with similar symptoms. Was tested for lyme disease and many other things. He has non-hodgkins lymphoma. Please have it checked. It took 4 months for him to be diagnosised and prognosis is not good.
  • if you take a relatively high dose of anti depressants then you will get it as a side effect..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2008
    • 08:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i am so sick of being tired ALL of the time, I wake up tired, the first thing i do when i wake up is yawn my head off, i swear i spend most of my day yawning! i find it really hard to get to sleep at night- usually takes me 3 hours at least which is just ridiculous and constantly wake up during the night. I also have zero energy, am having night sweats, lower back and hip pain, pain under my ribs on my left side, constant headaches, dizziness, sweaty hands, tingles in my arms and legs and rash. what could be wrong? The night sweats and rash.. point to it being something more than sleep apnea. The kind of sleeping issue you are having too (taking hrs to get to sleep thou tired) along with the night sweats rash and other symptoms.. is pointing more to something like chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) (which can have that kind of sleeping issue..along with frequent wakening). I suggest to check out www.immunesupport.com which has the biggest CFS site online for more info. the body pain, headaches and dizziness along with the sleep trouble and tiredness are main features of that illness. Get lyme and lyme co infections ruled out too. ............. To all.. is there a rash in thyriod issues???
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • August 20, 2008
    • 08:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm wondering if you got checked for lymphoma. Your symptoms sound very like mine. I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma. I had the same symptoms. The pain got worse and the night sweats were drenching the bed. I just never felt good. The fatigue was there all the time.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement