Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Strange sores that wont heal, and gastro problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 16, 2007
  • 05:06 AM

Hi everyone

My name is jay and I will list my stats, and then tell my story. I am sick of being sick and hope someone could help me out.

Male
Age 30
Weight 225
Height 5'9
I smoke
Meds-Adderall, Azmacort, protonix
Blood glucose 112
Have been tested for STDs

About 13 months ago I was having rectal bleeding. Had a colonoscopy and the DR. said it was a hemorrhoid. At the time I weighed 293, and my blood glucose was 160. The bleeding and swelling seemed to happen in episodes that would last sometimes 4 hours. I was obese and scared of diabetes so I started eating right and working out. To date I have dropped nearly 70 pounds but as the weight has come off the more complications I seem to have. I am having a right abdominal problem that has resulted in epidiamities. But I will take on one thing at a time and the sores are #1 on my list.

I am getting sores around my waist, back, and inner thigh. They are what seem to be boils. All of them heal except for the ones on my waist “belt line”. They start out like a boil but don’t pop and have to be lanced. After they are drained the sore forms a rim and is filled with seems to be a wart like skin. After repeated attempts at treatment which included prednisone, different antibiotics, and using bacterban they still won’t heal. I have gotten 2 of them to heal on my own. I pulled the wart like skin off in little chunks “the little chunks seemed like they were elastic or something”. After I have removed most of that I get to the rim which is way too painful to remove. After the wart like skin is gone there is a center that looks oval to me and is a darker red than the surrounding area. I then put alcohol on it until I can’t fill it burn any more then bactorban then bandage. The 2 I got to heal took 2 months of this process to get results.

I was thinking possibly a fistula? Virus? Some kind of bacteria that doesn’t respond to the medicine I have taken? It is hard to explain just how painful this is. It sometimes becomes almost unbearable.

Ps. About 2 years ago I was having these little puss filled sores around the edge of my nose and they hurt really bad.

Ps. I have under went 5 treatments, and have had blood work done and 2 cultures done. The only thing the Doctors have told me is that it is an infected hair follicle. And when I ask why it doesn’t heal they give me prednisone.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement