Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Strange sores that wont heal, and gastro problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 16, 2007
  • 05:06 AM

Hi everyone

My name is jay and I will list my stats, and then tell my story. I am sick of being sick and hope someone could help me out.

Male
Age 30
Weight 225
Height 5'9
I smoke
Meds-Adderall, Azmacort, protonix
Blood glucose 112
Have been tested for STDs

About 13 months ago I was having rectal bleeding. Had a colonoscopy and the DR. said it was a hemorrhoid. At the time I weighed 293, and my blood glucose was 160. The bleeding and swelling seemed to happen in episodes that would last sometimes 4 hours. I was obese and scared of diabetes so I started eating right and working out. To date I have dropped nearly 70 pounds but as the weight has come off the more complications I seem to have. I am having a right abdominal problem that has resulted in epidiamities. But I will take on one thing at a time and the sores are #1 on my list.

I am getting sores around my waist, back, and inner thigh. They are what seem to be boils. All of them heal except for the ones on my waist “belt line”. They start out like a boil but don’t pop and have to be lanced. After they are drained the sore forms a rim and is filled with seems to be a wart like skin. After repeated attempts at treatment which included prednisone, different antibiotics, and using bacterban they still won’t heal. I have gotten 2 of them to heal on my own. I pulled the wart like skin off in little chunks “the little chunks seemed like they were elastic or something”. After I have removed most of that I get to the rim which is way too painful to remove. After the wart like skin is gone there is a center that looks oval to me and is a darker red than the surrounding area. I then put alcohol on it until I can’t fill it burn any more then bactorban then bandage. The 2 I got to heal took 2 months of this process to get results.

I was thinking possibly a fistula? Virus? Some kind of bacteria that doesn’t respond to the medicine I have taken? It is hard to explain just how painful this is. It sometimes becomes almost unbearable.

Ps. About 2 years ago I was having these little puss filled sores around the edge of my nose and they hurt really bad.

Ps. I have under went 5 treatments, and have had blood work done and 2 cultures done. The only thing the Doctors have told me is that it is an infected hair follicle. And when I ask why it doesn’t heal they give me prednisone.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• Have they cultured for mrsa? i jsut recently got over a bout with that this kind of explains what happened eith me..MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus), blood clotting factors, Mono....Hi! It's been a while since I've posted, and this isn't exactly a symptoms of IC, but I figured this was the most appropriate place to post this. I recently was diagnosed w/ MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus), and I was wonder if anyone else has had this. I had a whole ton of blood work done, and they also found that i have two protiens that cause my blood to clot more easily. I know one is protien C, but I forgot the other. Does anyone have this or any info on it?Oh, and I have mono! yipppppppeeee doooo!!Thanks for posting guys! Moonheart, I was wondering if his MRSA was a skin infection? I didn't say in my post much about my case, but I the more I think about it, I think it may be helpful to some patients. I hope this isn't too graphic for some, but here it is anyway. I get boils ever so often and I just treat them at home with hot compresses, alcohol, and a topical vitamin c paste that I make from a powder. It works like a charm! Anyway, it began to drain and heal, and I am very careful about being sterile (I wear my purple latex gloves and everything lol) because I know they can spread and whatnot, not to mention I'm a germ freak. A couple days laterI woke up with this rash on my inner thighs and vulva. I looked like a to of little pimples and they all had come to a head. (I'm sorry thats really gross) I was on antibiotics already for a sinus infection, so I put neosporin on it, and for the most part by the next day they rash was gone. Two days later, i was somewhat tender in that region, and I noticed a few isolated pimple thingys, turning into what looked like biols; so I broke out the neosporin again and began to apply it. This is when I noticed something was VERY wrong. As I was applying it, I felt three large painful lumps on the outermost part of my labia, so i took a look, and they were large enough that it kind of pulled it out and down----like the while side had just moved to the crease of my inner thigh. Talk about I was freaking out. I decided to wait to go to the doc on monday bc i didn't have fever or anything and I didnt really want to go the the emergency room. By the time I saw my gyno, it had spread to the other side as well. She examined me, and tole me that it prob wasn't MRSA, but prescribed Bactrim (this is used for MRSA infections) just incase. I got my meds went home, and by the next morning had a fever and a horrible rash. I went back in, she swabbed it, and admitted me to the hosp. She also ti fir never feel well, so while I was there she ran 432527 million labs. The first time that they came in to take my blood, they took 13 viles, and then came back at 6 am to take another 8. Thats a WHOLE LOT of blood! lol My fever dropped by the next day after 2 iv bags of antibiotics, so she discharged me. I was happy. Right now I am taking tetracyline and it is giving me great results. Not all of the lab work is back yet, but my 1st post says what it showed so far, which is kiinda sucky, but hey, that's life. is the skin kkind of caramel looking? I thought it was herpes at first, oh, and btw sorry this is kinda graphic! keep me posted
    anne.katherine 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • Have you considered Celiac disease???It may be worth your while to stop consuming all gluten products for 1 month. See how your stomach and skin reacts. You very well may be pleasantly surprised.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I went back to the doctor and she gave me more antibiotics. I asked her if the sore could be bacteria and if so could it be resistant to bactorban. She said that bactorban was the strongest topical bacteria med. that they have. I am not sure if I will take the antibiotics, I have been taking them for 6 months. anyways just an update, thanks to those who responded, the pics I found of mrsa sores look very simular to mine?---------------jay
  • Adderall has been known to cause sores as a side effect.
  • I went back to the doctor and she gave me more antibiotics. I asked her if the sore could be bacteria and if so could it be resistant to bactorban. She said that bactorban was the strongest topical bacteria med. that they have. I am not sure if I will take the antibiotics, I have been taking them for 6 months. anyways just an update, thanks to those who responded, the pics I found of mrsa sores look very simular to mine?---------------jay That's crazy that you have been taking antibiotics that long when they obviously arent working for this. I really think your doctors crap and that you should go and see another. I had like a boil thing which come up on my thigh and just grow and grow and really hurt.. i lanced it myself in the end which did take it down a lot but it just ended up growing back. I ended up getting 7-10? days worth of antibiotics which seemed to work, but after a couple of mths.. it started growing back yet again but this time in two other places next to the original place. Doctor just gave me one more lot of antibotics (this time two courses of it to take one after the other.. i had to take about 10-14? days) and again antibiotics helped..but this time it didnt appear to completely disappear... So doctor wouldnt give me any more antibiotics and said when it gets big again.. they'll remove it by surgery. (so i cant figure out why your doctor has just continued and continued with the not working antibiotics). My Doctor thinks my issue is staph....
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi I'm getting sores in the crease of my back, and its like there grown internally, I've used antibiotics and had a surgery to remove it, but to my fear it keeps coming back, not always in the same spot but where i have had surgery too. I've tried reiki, reflexology and now accupuncuture.. but still no sign of it going away, it builds up over a few days and then when nearing its peak its like a stabbing pain its unbearable so i take pain killers.. it stops me from sleeping, I'm disabled and use a wheelchair all the time I'm 25 in Oct and about 16 stone weight. please if anyone can help i would be grateful. i would do anything to try and get rid of it, as it only started about a year ago, I've been dressing it with inadine and bandages. Thank you anyone that can help me.
  • Hi I'm getting sores in the crease of my back, and its like there grown internally, I've used antibiotics .....Thank you anyone that can help me.I am taking a Sulfa drug (generic Sulfa/Trimethipam) now and it is helping somewhat with the "Adderall Acne" that I have. Apparently, MRSA is unfazed by Penicillin and it's family. Sulfa family of drugs apparently works on MRSA/boils.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 23, 2009
    • 06:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi everyoneMy name is jay and I will list my stats, and then tell my story. I am sick of being sick and hope someone could help me out.MaleAge 30Weight 225Height 5'9I smokeMeds-Adderall, Azmacort, protonixBlood glucose 112Have been tested for STDsAbout 13 months ago I was having rectal bleeding. Had a colonoscopy and the DR. said it was a hemorrhoid. At the time I weighed 293, and my blood glucose was 160. The bleeding and swelling seemed to happen in episodes that would last sometimes 4 hours. I was obese and scared of diabetes so I started eating right and working out. To date I have dropped nearly 70 pounds but as the weight has come off the more complications I seem to have. I am having a right abdominal problem that has resulted in epidiamities. But I will take on one thing at a time and the sores are #1 on my list.I am getting sores around my waist, back, and inner thigh. They are what seem to be boils. All of them heal except for the ones on my waist “belt line”. They start out like a boil but don’t pop and have to be lanced. After they are drained the sore forms a rim and is filled with seems to be a wart like skin. After repeated attempts at treatment which included prednisone, different antibiotics, and using bacterban they still won’t heal. I have gotten 2 of them to heal on my own. I pulled the wart like skin off in little chunks “the little chunks seemed like they were elastic or something”. After I have removed most of that I get to the rim which is way too painful to remove. After the wart like skin is gone there is a center that looks oval to me and is a darker red than the surrounding area. I then put alcohol on it until I can’t fill it burn any more then bactorban then bandage. The 2 I got to heal took 2 months of this process to get results.I was thinking possibly a fistula? Virus? Some kind of bacteria that doesn’t respond to the medicine I have taken? It is hard to explain just how painful this is. It sometimes becomes almost unbearable.Ps. About 2 years ago I was having these little puss filled sores around the edge of my nose and they hurt really bad. Ps. I have under went 5 treatments, and have had blood work done and 2 cultures done. The only thing the Doctors have told me is that it is an infected hair follicle. And when I ask why it doesn’t heal they give me prednisone..I just read your post and realized that it sounded like me a few weeks ago. i had bronchitus 6 times in one year and recently got over pneumonia. I see you stated you're a smoker. I'm going to tell you right now that's your problem. I was a smoker also and I seemed sick all the time. Always tired slept a ton and never did anything. I recently quit smoking with a seminar from Mark Patrick and I have never felt better. I was the type of person that I wasn't NOT sick for more than 2 days. I've quit smoking and I have a ton of energy, I can breath, I haven't been sick and I'm super happy. Now I don't recommend quitting cold turkey. I couldn't do it it was too hard. But we had a seminar from Mark Patrick in our town and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity of quitting once and for all. I went, did our thing and haven't smoked since that day. And I promise you you'll feel better if you quit smoking as well. I never thought in a million years that smoking was honestly my problem....but it turns out I was wrong and cigarettes were slowly but surely shutting me down. I hope I've been helpful adn I truly hope you can quit smoking. God Bless
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2010
    • 02:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I'm getting sores in the crease of my back, and its like there grown internally, I've used antibiotics and had a surgery to remove it, but to my fear it keeps coming back, not always in the same spot but where i have had surgery too. I've tried reiki, reflexology and now accupuncuture.. but still no sign of it going away, it builds up over a few days and then when nearing its peak its like a stabbing pain its unbearable so i take pain killers.. it stops me from sleeping, I'm disabled and use a wheelchair all the time I'm 25 in Oct and about 16 stone weight. please if anyone can help i would be grateful. i would do anything to try and get rid of it, as it only started about a year ago, I've been dressing it with inadine and bandages. Thank you anyone that can help me.I am no doctor, but it sounds to me like you may have pressure sores. (bed sores). From being in the wheel chair. Try putting something very soft in the problem area and hanging it regularly. If it is pressure sores, this should help.
  • Hi everyoneMy name is jay and I will list my stats, and then tell my story. I am sick of being sick and hope someone could help me out.MaleAge 30Weight 225Height 5'9I smokeMeds-Adderall, Azmacort, protonixBlood glucose 112Have been tested for STDsAbout 13 months ago I was having rectal bleeding. Had a colonoscopy and the DR. said it was a hemorrhoid. At the time I weighed 293, and my blood glucose was 160. The bleeding and swelling seemed to happen in episodes that would last sometimes 4 hours. I was obese and scared of diabetes so I started eating right and working out. To date I have dropped nearly 70 pounds but as the weight has come off the more complications I seem to have. I am having a right abdominal problem that has resulted in epidiamities. But I will take on one thing at a time and the sores are #1 on my list.I am getting sores around my waist, back, and inner thigh. They are what seem to be boils. All of them heal except for the ones on my waist “belt line”. They start out like a boil but don’t pop and have to be lanced. After they are drained the sore forms a rim and is filled with seems to be a wart like skin. After repeated attempts at treatment which included prednisone, different antibiotics, and using bacterban they still won’t heal. I have gotten 2 of them to heal on my own. I pulled the wart like skin off in little chunks “the little chunks seemed like they were elastic or something”. After I have removed most of that I get to the rim which is way too painful to remove. After the wart like skin is gone there is a center that looks oval to me and is a darker red than the surrounding area. I then put alcohol on it until I can’t fill it burn any more then bactorban then bandage. The 2 I got to heal took 2 months of this process to get results.I was thinking possibly a fistula? Virus? Some kind of bacteria that doesn’t respond to the medicine I have taken? It is hard to explain just how painful this is. It sometimes becomes almost unbearable.Ps. About 2 years ago I was having these little puss filled sores around the edge of my nose and they hurt really bad. Ps. I have under went 5 treatments, and have had blood work done and 2 cultures done. The only thing the Doctors have told me is that it is an infected hair follicle. And when I ask why it doesn’t heal they give me prednisone..Hi Jay, there is a blood test for Celiac Disease and they symptoms are similar to my ex husband who was diagnosed with it. The sores are a huge part of this disease. Good luck!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement