Discussions By Condition: Male sexual conditions

blood clots after sex

Posted In: Male sexual conditions 21 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 15, 2007
  • 10:54 AM

My partner is 32 years old and three years ago after sex he had a lot of pain and discomfort, when he went to the toilet there was a blood clot about the size of a twenty cent piece, that he had to force out of his penis and blood everywhere. Since then we havent had sex and he wont go to the doctor as this has happened to us once before and he said when he went to the doctors, the doctor put something inside the shaft of his penis that he said killed, as i said this was three years ago and while we fool around a little bit its just not the same. Does anyone know what causes this and how it is fixed??

he just doesn't seem interested in me and he rarely lets me touch him...

Reply Flag this Discussion

21 Replies:

• My partner is 32 years old and three years ago after sex he had a lot of pain and discomfort, when he went to the toilet there was a blood clot about the size of a twenty cent piece, that he had to force out of his penis and blood everywhere. Since then we havent had sex and he wont go to the doctor as this has happened to us once before and he said when he went to the doctors, the doctor put something inside the shaft of his penis that he said killed, as i said this was three years ago and while we fool around a little bit its just not the same. Does anyone know what causes this and how it is fixed??he just doesn't seem interested in me and he rarely lets me touch him...there are a variety of things that could be occurring, the most common of which could be a nasty urinary tract or prostate infection. generally, blood clots and men, especially in the urine is not a good sign. this is not to scare you. you should do whatever you can to get him back to a physician - a feature that i'm certain is not appealing because he had to have "the swab" (that killer thing is likely that long swab they insert into the head of the penis to test for infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea- imagine a cucumber going where a pencil should - ugh!). in the meantime, i suggest you talk with your beau. try to get at the source of his disinterest in sex, which if he is concerned about painful or bloody ejaculation/urination, may have little if anything to do with you. in addition, visit sites such as webmd.com, MedicineNet.com (and one of my faves), and other sources, to gather information. once you've done that, share with him what you have found. be sure not to pressure him to do anything, but be loving and encouraging. ask him exactly how he feels to get at the source(s) of where he is sexually. just talk openly and honestly, but be attentive as this is a very sensitive topic. i would imagine that having to force a huge blood clot out of one's penis, (i'm not a guy), could be pretty traumatic. hope that helps
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm going through this also. I've had tests and all results have been negative to date. I feel fine. Yet sometimes after sex I go to urinate and pass a clot. . Once it passes, everthing is fine. I'm hoping it's just a stubborn infection I need further treatment with. Anyway, from my point of view I am worried that I don't know what the cause is yet. It completely stopped when I was on a mega strong antibiotic while using Flomax. Apparently Flomax diolates everthing and the anitbiotics get in better and do their thing. After I was off the treatment it happened again. My wife and I may be passing a urinary tract infection back and forth and I am going to see the urologist with that approach. For now the way I deal with it is to empty my bladder before sex. Then I delay urinating as long as I can. It takes all the stress away. There is no blood in urine and the clot shrinks way down and is very easy to pass. For me, this has taken the fear away until a better solution is found.Good LucK
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2008
    • 06:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • -Unregistered 2 Flomax user - I had and currently now have again, blood clots after sex too. It starts with seeing a little blood in the ejaculate. Then when I go to urinate there's a slight tinge of blood then the urine stops until I pass the blood clots. It does hurt a little to pass the huge clots, then I can finish urinating which is still a little blood tinged. After that though, the rest of the day my urine is clear but it stings a little to urinate. I figure the stinging is due to having to pass the huge clots out. By the end of the day the stinging passes and everything seems fine and urinary function is normal and does not appear to have presence of blood.Just today though, I had the blood clots again, this time without having any sex; I just got aroused and had an erection. When I went to urinate, it was blood tinged and I had to pass two clots. Hope to get an answer to this soon too.I figure the blood is not in the bladder and comes from somewhere else since it is clear the rest of the day. When I went to see the doctor a while back for this, he said the blood comes from when you start to get an erection. (from where I don't remember).If you hold off on urinating do the blood clots really shrink? How do they shrink, where does it go, and is it really easier to urinate after you hold off on urinating for a while.Searching for relief and would like to have blood & worry free sex.
  • -Unregistered 2 Flomax user - I had and currently now have again, blood clots after sex too. It starts with seeing a little blood in the ejaculate. Then when I go to urinate there's a slight tinge of blood then the urine stops until I pass the blood clots. It does hurt a little to pass the huge clots, then I can finish urinating which is still a little blood tinged. After that though, the rest of the day my urine is clear but it stings a little to urinate. I figure the stinging is due to having to pass the huge clots out. By the end of the day the stinging passes and everything seems fine and urinary function is normal and does not appear to have presence of blood.Just today though, I had the blood clots again, this time without having any sex; I just got aroused and had an erection. When I went to urinate, it was blood tinged and I had to pass two clots. Hope to get an answer to this soon too.I figure the blood is not in the bladder and comes from somewhere else since it is clear the rest of the day. When I went to see the doctor a while back for this, he said the blood comes from when you start to get an erection. (from where I don't remember).If you hold off on urinating do the blood clots really shrink? How do they shrink, where does it go, and is it really easier to urinate after you hold off on urinating for a while.Searching for relief and would like to have blood & worry free sex.Id be interested to know how any guy doesnt pee after sex. I always thought your body does it as a reflex to clean out the urethra or something. I can not drink anything all day and after I ejac I still have to pee. In addition I would think youd want to go right after to pass the clot before it got too big.Anyway I have experienced this as well. Ive had a cat scan to check my kidneys for stones, and a TSA blood test both of which were negative. I dont think it's an infection I was tested within a day or two of the very first time this happened. All clean. I think it is a weak blood vessel. I think the best thing to do is get checked thoroughly but when it happens, dont have sex for a week or two and drink lots of water and antioxidants that help heal blood vessels. It gets less and less scary after the first couple times, guys. When you have an erection, there's a lot of blood at high pressure down there. More guys die with prostate cancer than OF it, but get checked to be on the safe side.
  • You're right JCH, I don't know how one can hold off on urinating after ejaculation, and the thought of the blood clot getting bigger instead of shrinking, by not urinating is a fear factor.The first time this happened I went to the urodoc and he scoped me (cytoscopy or cystoscopy?), anyways that hurt like ***l. Even the syringe used to insert the numbing medicine medicine did not help either, as the tip was ***n huge.To make things worse, the female nurse was in there the whole time and told me to squeeze her hand instead of moving around with the scope in there.Doc said bladder, prostate, everything was good, but the doc gave me some antibiotics anyways and said to hang in there as it will pass.Well, started to drink lots of fluids and even stopped the baby aspirin for a while to not thin the blood so much. Hope I can stop the bleeding.
  • Wow, been looking for this type of thread for awhile. I have the same problem and glad to see other with similar effects. I did go about 2 years ago to the doctor, but sail I had Hard Prostate and gave me medicine. It went away, but has come back. I do wonder if it has anything to do with sitting all day and maybe lack of water and drinking a lot of beer with lime and salt before going to bed. I do masturbate in the shower and consider myself with a healthy sex drive. I also notice with lack of water and alcoholic beverages may contribute to it.
    atvappr 1 Replies
    • November 6, 2008
    • 04:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • WOW.... where to start.... I too have been looking for others that share these symptoms. It seems like every post up until mine right now has different things i've encountered so far. About 3 years ago, while masturbating, is when i first noticed blood in my semen... WOW, that was horrific. I was about 27 and had been masturbating for quite some time up to that point, and to look down and see BLOOD coming out of my penis? I will NEVER forget THAT sight!... As most guys would be, i was reluctant to see a urologist because... well... come on, no one wants a doctor pokin around down there. After two or three more instances, i decided it was time to make an appointment. I should also include that after every bloody ejaculation, came a bloody urine with a clot as well. The urologist examined me, prostate and all, and told me he wasn't sure what the problem was. He told me my prostate was a LITTLE larger than it should be, and prescribed me an antibiotic. He also told me to take hot baths whenever i could, and to also take a good amount of ibuprofen during the day. Three times per day, 800mg every time, if i recall correctly. (2400mg per day)I did that, and the blood went away. A few months later, the blood is back. Made an appointment again, and saw the doc. Gave me more antibiotics, and THIS time scheduled a couple procedures. (Both mentioned above in other posts) On the same day, i went for a scan of my kidneys, (which showed no problems), and the cystopothy, or whatever it's called. The large scope inserted into my penis, preceded by the numbing gel being inserted.... For anyone that's never experienced this.... do ALL you can to avoid it.... DEAR GOD... pretty terrible ordeal. (and i got to go through it TWICE so far)...The doctor said he saw some sort of "obstruction" in the place he was looking, and gave me more antibiotics to get rid of it. He said, after the antibiotics, i'd have to come back for the second scoping of my penis. If it was still there, he'd schedule a biopsy of the obstruction to see what it is, and if it was dangerous.I went back, and endured the wonderful scope once again, and he said the "obstruction" had gone, and i was fine for now. The blood had ceased once again, so i went on w/ my daily life. He gave me the old "swab" inside my penis too, to make sure it wasn't an STD we were dealing with. Results were all negative.I'm not almost 31 years old, and since that last scoping, i'd seen blood in my semen/urine just a few times. RECENTLY though, right now in fact, i'm burdened by it again. For the past two weeks, i've had blood in my semen, and a clot afterwards. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, i'll get an erection, with NO ejaculation, and i'll wake up and pee out a small clot. I'm probably going to make another appointment... that or maybe find another doctor... i don't know, i'm sort of at the end of my rope here. A few things.... about previous posts.... I HAVE noticed that RIGHT after sex or masturbation, it is WAY harder to pee out that clot, than if you wait a few hours. Don't know why, it just is. Also, i'd like to add, that the bloody ejaculation doesn't hurt at ALL. If i was a blind man, i'd probably never caught the problem. Feel just like a normal ejaculation. At this point, i'd welcome just about any diagnosis, as long as i could GET one. I just want to know what's wrong with me, so i can FIX it. Hope this helps anyone.
    BPortell 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have went though the same things. i just had sex and well the blood was all inside her. When I went to pee the clots came out slowly again. my doctor told me about 10 years ago that all is well. think of it this way, lots of little people in your balls trying to get out. well most of the time they just walk out when the door opens. not mine some time they fight till the end. my doc told me I sometime get to horry for my self. I love sex and would love to have it every min. as for sticking something in my penis, not going to happen. most of the time when it happens its because I am not getting what I wont when I wont it. If I think about it to long or rub it with out going all the way. well men most of us call the pain we have, BLUE BALLS. hope this helps. As I thought my doc was crazy. But sence then ive talk to him again wile eating dinner with him. WOW.... where to start.... I too have been looking for others that share these symptoms. It seems like every post up until mine right now has different things i've encountered so far. About 3 years ago, while masturbating, is when i first noticed blood in my semen... WOW, that was horrific. I was about 27 and had been masturbating for quite some time up to that point, and to look down and see BLOOD coming out of my penis? I will NEVER forget THAT sight!... As most guys would be, i was reluctant to see a urologist because... well... come on, no one wants a doctor pokin around down there. After two or three more instances, i decided it was time to make an appointment. I should also include that after every bloody ejaculation, came a bloody urine with a clot as well. The urologist examined me, prostate and all, and told me he wasn't sure what the problem was. He told me my prostate was a LITTLE larger than it should be, and prescribed me an antibiotic. He also told me to take hot baths whenever i could, and to also take a good amount of ibuprofen during the day. Three times per day, 800mg every time, if i recall correctly. (2400mg per day)I did that, and the blood went away. A few months later, the blood is back. Made an appointment again, and saw the doc. Gave me more antibiotics, and THIS time scheduled a couple procedures. (Both mentioned above in other posts) On the same day, i went for a scan of my kidneys, (which showed no problems), and the cystopothy, or whatever it's called. The large scope inserted into my penis, preceded by the numbing gel being inserted.... For anyone that's never experienced this.... do ALL you can to avoid it.... DEAR GOD... pretty terrible ordeal. (and i got to go through it TWICE so far)...The doctor said he saw some sort of "obstruction" in the place he was looking, and gave me more antibiotics to get rid of it. He said, after the antibiotics, i'd have to come back for the second scoping of my penis. If it was still there, he'd schedule a biopsy of the obstruction to see what it is, and if it was dangerous.I went back, and endured the wonderful scope once again, and he said the "obstruction" had gone, and i was fine for now. The blood had ceased once again, so i went on w/ my daily life. He gave me the old "swab" inside my penis too, to make sure it wasn't an STD we were dealing with. Results were all negative.I'm not almost 31 years old, and since that last scoping, i'd seen blood in my semen/urine just a few times. RECENTLY though, right now in fact, i'm burdened by it again. For the past two weeks, i've had blood in my semen, and a clot afterwards. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, i'll get an erection, with NO ejaculation, and i'll wake up and pee out a small clot. I'm probably going to make another appointment... that or maybe find another doctor... i don't know, i'm sort of at the end of my rope here. A few things.... about previous posts.... I HAVE noticed that RIGHT after sex or masturbation, it is WAY harder to pee out that clot, than if you wait a few hours. Don't know why, it just is. Also, i'd like to add, that the bloody ejaculation doesn't hurt at ALL. If i was a blind man, i'd probably never caught the problem. Feel just like a normal ejaculation. At this point, i'd welcome just about any diagnosis, as long as i could GET one. I just want to know what's wrong with me, so i can FIX it. Hope this helps anyone.
  • Well to start off with, for all the people who waits hours after going to the toilet, cut that out, u need to get the clot out a.s.a.p, the long you hold off going to the toilet the more chance that you will become infertile in the future as the clot is not dissaperaing but relocating itself to a different part of the penis area.Anyways i first noticed this problem when i was 16 after having sex, she was leaking blood, first thought was that she just came on, but it wasnt until i got home i went toilet to notice a blood clot followed by more or less pure blood, told my mum, as shes a nurse and said that i might of just strained myself, the 2nd time i go to the toilet its more of a pink rosé colour and the by the 3rd its back to normal.Im now 19-20, and the same thing is happening after masterbation, a little blood in the seman and the blood in the urine too, was told that it could possibly be kidney stones or a testical or kindey infection.Anyways only reason i chose to write today is to say stop holdin your uring to try avoid the blood clot as you are just causing long term damage.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 11, 2010
    • 05:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi there wondering if any1 can answer my questions,after having sex and ejaculate i feel that it is very painfull if i try to get erect after a few minutes,2 after masterbating i have just noticed a sall blood clot comming from my penis can any1 help or give ma advice
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2010
    • 10:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well to start off with, for all the people who waits hours after going to the toilet, cut that out, u need to get the clot out a.s.a.p, the long you hold off going to the toilet the more chance that you will become infertile in the future as the clot is not dissaperaing but relocating itself to a different part of the penis area.QUOTE]Is there any evidence of this? Doesn't make sens to me. If you have references, please post on how this can make one infertile. As others have mentioned, I've also noticed that if I prolong urinating there's less blood in urine.It'd be nice if we could post tips/strategies/supplements/medicines that could help this condition.For example limiting coffee and alcohol seem to really help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2010
    • 04:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• About 3 years ago, while masturbating, is when i first noticed blood in my semen... WOW, that was horrific. I was about 27 and had been masturbating for quite some time up to that point, and to look down and see BLOOD coming out of my penis? I will NEVER forget THAT sight!....Lol...great post lad, made me feel better. I know it’s not funny but really… for the sake of sense of humor for all of us here, us who are having this problem, I just want to ask you this, do you sometimes laugh when you remember the first day you saw blood coming out your penis? I mean I was shocked, and every day I remember that night I just smile and shake my head. So I woke up late at night and ran to the bathroom, we had sex before I went to bed after I remember the condom had a little blood, so I thought oh, my girl just started her period ...no big deal...so I am starting to pee one eye closed one eye half open so I don’t lose my sleep, next thing I see is I am peeing something looks like blood, then oh sh**, it’s totally blood, I mean not dark urine but totally blood with clots flying everywhere...and the funny thing is that you don’t wanna scream or ask for help because you think to yourself “this Shi** is messed, this is totally f** up dude”I will never forget that day, it was like a dream and my face was like what the f*** is this stuff coming out of me, I wish someone had a camera to my face and just saw how confused my face looked, if there is a point in life when you really have to say “WTF” ...one of those days is the first day you pee blood.
  • Anyways only reason i chose to write today is to say stop holdin your uring to try avoid the blood clot as you are just causing long term damage.Totally agree!!!Drink water before sex at least one 16oz glass full. This will increase your ability to pee after sex. Once you **m, sneak out, take the condom off and make sure you pee at least within 10min after sex, the earlier the better. If you follow this simple rule you will experience few small clots while most of the time just a clot free blood stained urine (easy peasy). Drink another glass of water and do not go to bed until you pee again. If you go for round two make sure you do the same exact thing. And to be honest, two rounds per night for us it’s just about at the limit level.Optional precautions;Avoid pumping and grinding too much, have simple and relax sex. If possible avoid long foreplays; they make you have an errection longer which can lead to Massive post-ejaculation hematuria (more blood). If you follow these simple rules and you can have sex almost every day without experiencing a baseball size clots....ouch!! Altheas take 4 aspirin or ibuprofen almost every time before you have sex. This will lower immediate inflammation reaction, hence not worsening your condition by having sex every day.
  • Hey guys...i have been having these similar symptons for about 2 to 3 yrs now. I have also got tested for just about everything in the book. If you can name ive probably done it, but for the past couple of years and reading different threads and forums my un-medical opinion is this: Drink lots of cranberry juice and i mean lots atleast a gallon a day if you can. From looking at every one elses syptoms these clots normally tend to appear after alcohol is involved, as alcohol does thin the blood. Take into account of having an erection for a long period of time blood massively accumilates and thus may cause a vein to rupture. In my experience if i lay off the booze for awhile 2-3 weeks and consume a lot of fluids i tend to not to have them for months. Only when i decide to be an **s and cosume a lot of alcohol quickly instead of over a few hours then i more than likely doomed to see the "red stop sign" while urinating. End state if your just having the problem or been having it first get all the necessary test done. Then evaluate your drinking habits and if that may be the case you may just want to cut back on the alcohol consumption for a while to give your body time to heal as well as smoking cigarets as that plays a role alson in my opinion. If anyone has any questions i can be reached at hardknock02@yahoo.com
  • So glad to hear I'm not the only one. First time for me was around 20 years ago, when I was 25 or so, and there was no internet then and doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me.Hadn't happened for almost 5 years. I thought it was over. However the wife just had a miscarriage and since we hadn't done it for a couple months last weekend was particularly intense.Anyway for years I thought about how to defeat the dreaded blood clot. I agree about drinking plenty of water before and after though I'm still not sure about whether it's better to pee right away or wait. I lean towards peeing early if possible - this time I drank water as soon as I saw the blood and peed within an hour with a lot of red, fresh blood but little or no clotting that I could feel.Since it worked this time I'd try that again.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2010
    • 03:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You're right JCH, I don't know how one can hold off on urinating after ejaculation, and the thought of the blood clot getting bigger instead of shrinking, by not urinating is a fear factor.The first time this happened I went to the urodoc and he scoped me (cytoscopy or cystoscopy?), anyways that hurt like ***l. Even the syringe used to insert the numbing medicine medicine did not help either, as the tip was ***n huge.To make things worse, the female nurse was in there the whole time and told me to squeeze her hand instead of moving around with the scope in there.Doc said bladder, prostate, everything was good, but the doc gave me some antibiotics anyways and said to hang in there as it will pass.Well, started to drink lots of fluids and even stopped the baby aspirin for a while to not thin the blood so much. Hope I can stop the bleeding. I have been to the doctors 5 times over the past 4 years they scope me and look in the badder and say everything is fine but i still have the problem the doctors dont know what there doing i even took a sample of a clot they still dont know
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2011
    • 01:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm also glad not to be the only one with this problem. I had once a little blood with the ejaculation; I wasn't sure it was blood I thought it was juice I drank. This has reoccurred and with more blood, the last time it has happened I barely got an erection for 2 mins and the bleeding happened. At first the blood is dark in color and gets lighter in color (pinkish) until its clear. I have to agree that the clots are painful and take time to get out. From my experience its not the waiting that allows the clots to get out but its when the bladder gets full and it flushes the pee/blood with higher intensity and pressure and it pushes the clots out. The urologist said he was shocked with the amount of blood that he had to pull out when I went to the ER. I feel now that I have to pee more often than before, wake up in the middle of the night to pee. More frequent peeing though I don't drink lots of fluids and the bladder is not full. Something feels lose down there. I too have no pain when the bleeding happens. I don't know about all of you but now I don't know how I'll get married and have sex would be weired to have the bleeding. The thing that worries me the most is when the urologist says everything is OK and he can't explain anything and thinks I might have stuck something in there. I think that though we're young we feel old. :( It would be nice to read what other people are experiencing after this has happened to them, frequent peeing or...I also wonder why is this not something that we hear about in doctor talk shows or... doctors are confused and this is scary.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2011
    • 11:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi all,I have been having these problems for a couple of years now too.What annoys me is that nobody seems to ever get to hear what the cause is, or better yet, what the solution is.Last weekend was very scary and painful for me as for the first time I was unable to pee as the clots were too big, tried several times but I was unable to pee and it was very painful and as a result had to go to the hospital to get a catheter.The only strange thing is that for the first time in years it happened even though I had no blood in my semen and didn't have any blood when I peed after having sex. It was hours later that suddenly I couldn't pee anymore and had clots blocking everything.Does anyone know or has anyone figured out what is causing this and what can be done about this?!?!? Please help! I was not worried for years because I went through all the medical tests and was told that this just sometimes can happen but now that I'm unable to pee it scared the ***l out of me. I really want to get this sorted and fixed once and for all!
  • what happened to my post on this subject ???
    brettaustralia 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • WOW.... where to start.... I too have been looking for others that share these symptoms. It seems like every post up until mine right now has different things i've encountered so far. About 3 years ago, while masturbating, is when i first noticed blood in my semen... WOW, that was horrific. I was about 27 and had been masturbating for quite some time up to that point, and to look down and see BLOOD coming out of my penis? I will NEVER forget THAT sight!... As most guys would be, i was reluctant to see a urologist because... well... come on, no one wants a doctor pokin around down there. After two or three more instances, i decided it was time to make an appointment. I should also include that after every bloody ejaculation, came a bloody urine with a clot as well. The urologist examined me, prostate and all, and told me he wasn't sure what the problem was. He told me my prostate was a LITTLE larger than it should be, and prescribed me an antibiotic. He also told me to take hot baths whenever i could, and to also take a good amount of ibuprofen during the day. Three times per day, 800mg every time, if i recall correctly. (2400mg per day)I did that, and the blood went away. A few months later, the blood is back. Made an appointment again, and saw the doc. Gave me more antibiotics, and THIS time scheduled a couple procedures. (Both mentioned above in other posts) On the same day, i went for a scan of my kidneys, (which showed no problems), and the cystopothy, or whatever it's called. The large scope inserted into my penis, preceded by the numbing gel being inserted.... For anyone that's never experienced this.... do ALL you can to avoid it.... DEAR GOD... pretty terrible ordeal. (and i got to go through it TWICE so far)...The doctor said he saw some sort of "obstruction" in the place he was looking, and gave me more antibiotics to get rid of it. He said, after the antibiotics, i'd have to come back for the second scoping of my penis. If it was still there, he'd schedule a biopsy of the obstruction to see what it is, and if it was dangerous.I went back, and endured the wonderful scope once again, and he said the "obstruction" had gone, and i was fine for now. The blood had ceased once again, so i went on w/ my daily life. He gave me the old "swab" inside my penis too, to make sure it wasn't an STD we were dealing with. Results were all negative.I'm not almost 31 years old, and since that last scoping, I'd seen blood in my semen/urine just a few times. RECENTLY though, right now in fact, I'm burdened by it again. For the past two weeks, I've had blood in my semen, and a clot afterwards. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I'll get an erection, with NO ejaculation, and I'll wake up and pee out a small clot. I'm probably going to make another appointment... that or maybe find another doctor... i don't know, I'm sort of at the end of my rope here. A few things.... about previous posts.... I HAVE noticed that RIGHT after sex or masturbation, it is WAY harder to pee out that clot, than if you wait a few hours. >>I have had the same problem for a little while now. I had it happen when I was younger and for some of you this may come as a surpirse, but it is a common thing in men, especially those who pull the pud, to have a bllod vessel break inside. I had a roomie once who told me his whole penis turned black (Bruising) after being involved with his wife. The doc told him to reduce the amount of activity and it would heal itself. The clots are a result as best I can tell of the blood mixing with the semen. My penis burns in the tip and along the bottom of the shaft. I had what looked like old red blood in my ejaculate. I have had the test for Chlamydia but have not heard back from the doc so I assume I am clean. FUrther my wife hasn't complained about it. Now the only time I notice this ocurring is after masturbating. C'mon guys we all do it, they say 95% of men masturbate and the other 5% lie. Anyhow, I can only assume it's either a weak blood vessel or possibly calcium particles (Kidney stones passing) though I have never to my knowlege had kidney stones. Mr. Portell. I apologize but your story in particular has made me laugh. Not because what you experience is funny and it's certainly no laughing matter. But to endure this scope 3 times and then a swab... You are a very brave man indeed. As for your doctor I think he's an idiot, because he should have biopsied the obstruction while he was in there. Ask him if he'd like you to take and shove the scope up his ***k a few times and see what you can find. I would have found a new Dr. right after he said there was an obstruction and to come back for another scope if it doesn't clear up. What if it had been something serious. How long were you supposed to go with it in there before you come back for the scope? if there was something wrong at the time he should have biopsied it and gotten to the bottom of it right away. Gentlemen. I am not a Doctor, but if your tests come back clean and now and then you get bloody semen then if you're STD Free and Urological tests come back saying you are clean, then it's likely a infection (Antibiotics) or it's a broken blood vessel. I was tested for Chlamydia A few times through life and never yet has a doc suggested he stick a scope up my ding ***g to see what's the matter. I can't begin to imagine the pain you went through or the pain any of you went through. I would never make light of it either. My recommendation though is that if a Doc says he see's an obstruction, tell him to biopsy it right then and there . AS for me... The semen was dark red, like a steak left to have all the blood or Dye run out of it (THey put red dye in the meat to make it look fresher, that's why it's dark red later). The older the blood is, the darker the color. When this happened about 2 months ago, it was brighter and the blood was translucent (Clear) red when the white protein rich fluid (the stuff that's supposed to protect the sperm from the hostile acidic environment of the vagina) had passed, then the bloody semen (the clear stuff) was clear red like hummingbird nectar (but not oozy) It's clear there is some sort of damage done, otherwise it wouldn't sting afterwards. But what?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2011
    • 10:43 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement